Cardinals sign LB Marcus Benard, move Vic So'oto to IR
In correspondence with the signing, the team moved linebacker Vic So'oto to the injured reserve with a chest injury in order to clear a roster spot for the 28-year-old Benard.
After spending the 2013 preseason with the New England Patriots, Benard failed to make the team's final roster cut on August 30, effectively becoming a free agent. The 6-foot-2, 260-pound linebacker had previously spent three seasons with the Browns, recording 11.5 sacks and 45 total tackles over 25 games (two starts).
According to the Cardinals, Benard will wear jersey no. 59.
- Notes from the Nest: July 27, 2014
- Cardinals CB Patrick Peterson reasserts self as NFL's best
- Earl Watford, Paul Fanaika battling for Arizona Cardinals' right guard job
- Patrick Peterson 'relieved' of offensive, special teams duties with Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals TE Troy Niklas forced to play catch-up
- Kent Somers- AZCentral Sports - Friday July 25AZCentral Sports Cardinals beat writer Kent Somers discusses some of the challenges facing the Cardi
- Kevin Minter-Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 25Arizona Cardinals linebacker Kevin Minter discusses his new role this upcoming season.
- Bickley Blast - Friday July 25The Cardinals kick off training camp with high expectations.
- Impromptu Power Poll - Friday July 25What are the top 5 position battles for the AZ Cardinals heading into training camp?
- Carson Palmer, AZ Cardinals QB - Friday July 25Cardinals QB Carson Palmer describes the key to this offense winning games.