Cardinals sign LB Marcus Benard, move Vic So'oto to IR
In correspondence with the signing, the team moved linebacker Vic So'oto to the injured reserve with a chest injury in order to clear a roster spot for the 28-year-old Benard.
After spending the 2013 preseason with the New England Patriots, Benard failed to make the team's final roster cut on August 30, effectively becoming a free agent. The 6-foot-2, 260-pound linebacker had previously spent three seasons with the Browns, recording 11.5 sacks and 45 total tackles over 25 games (two starts).
According to the Cardinals, Benard will wear jersey no. 59.
- Rashard Mendenhall to retire, teams told
- Daryn Colledge tweets of his release from Cardinals
- Fox Sports NFL insider: 'Player's coach' Arians makes Arizona Cardinals a prime destination
- ESPN writer: John Carlson signing risky for Cardinals, but worth the reward
- Darnell Dockett tweets that Branden Albert is 'new teammate'
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.
- Jay Feely, Cardinals kicker - Thursday March 6Would a change to the extra point actually hinder player safety?
- Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer - Tuesday March 4Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer, discusses UA and ASU basketball.
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 3Get off Paul's Lawn!