Cardinals sign LB Marcus Benard, move Vic So'oto to IR
In correspondence with the signing, the team moved linebacker Vic So'oto to the injured reserve with a chest injury in order to clear a roster spot for the 28-year-old Benard.
After spending the 2013 preseason with the New England Patriots, Benard failed to make the team's final roster cut on August 30, effectively becoming a free agent. The 6-foot-2, 260-pound linebacker had previously spent three seasons with the Browns, recording 11.5 sacks and 45 total tackles over 25 games (two starts).
According to the Cardinals, Benard will wear jersey no. 59.
- Arizona Cardinals don't want to be NFC West's 'stepchild' any longer
- Arizona Cardinals will have Andre Ellington back on the field vs. Rams
- Notes from the Nest: Arizona Cardinals practice - Dec. 6
- A different kind of measuring stick awaits Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals' coach expects 'questionable' Carson Palmer to play Sunday vs. St. Louis Rams
- Wolf's NFL 5 Star Games - Week 14 - Friday December 6The must-see NFL games of the weekend.
- Wolf's Film Room - Friday December 6Ron Wolfley grinds film all week and shares his findings in the Cardinals-Rams match-up
- John Clayton, ESPN NFL Insider - Friday December 6The Professor provides insight into this week's NFL headlines
- Ron Jaworski, ESPN NFL Analyst - Thursday December 5A recap of the Cardinals game in Philly and what to expect against the Rams.
- Craig Wolfley, Steelers Sideline Analyst - Thursday December 5Will Ben Roethlisberger leave the Steelers?