Cardinals sign LB Marcus Benard, move Vic So'oto to IR
In correspondence with the signing, the team moved linebacker Vic So'oto to the injured reserve with a chest injury in order to clear a roster spot for the 28-year-old Benard.
After spending the 2013 preseason with the New England Patriots, Benard failed to make the team's final roster cut on August 30, effectively becoming a free agent. The 6-foot-2, 260-pound linebacker had previously spent three seasons with the Browns, recording 11.5 sacks and 45 total tackles over 25 games (two starts).
According to the Cardinals, Benard will wear jersey no. 59.
- Arizona Cardinals place Tyrann Mathieu and Alameda Ta'amu on PUP list
- Cardinals receive 'B' offseason grade from USA Today
- NFL.com's Rosenthal: Calais Campbell among NFL's most underrated players
- Arizona Cardinals' Andre Ellington tops ESPN list of breakout candidates
- Ron Jaworski: Arizona Cardinals' Carson Palmer 20th-best QB in NFL
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday July 22ESPN NFL insider Mike Sando gives updates from around the NFC West as teams head into training camp.
- Lorenzo Alexander, AZ Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 18Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander talks about team expectations for 2014.
- John McClain, Houston Chronicle sportswriter - Friday July 11Houston Chronicle sportswriter John McClain talks about the Rockets’ offseason.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Friday June 20Keim discusses his players progress so far and his anticipation of future signings.