Cardinals sign LB Marcus Benard, move Vic So'oto to IR
In correspondence with the signing, the team moved linebacker Vic So'oto to the injured reserve with a chest injury in order to clear a roster spot for the 28-year-old Benard.
After spending the 2013 preseason with the New England Patriots, Benard failed to make the team's final roster cut on August 30, effectively becoming a free agent. The 6-foot-2, 260-pound linebacker had previously spent three seasons with the Browns, recording 11.5 sacks and 45 total tackles over 25 games (two starts).
According to the Cardinals, Benard will wear jersey no. 59.
- Daniel Jeremiah, NFL.com writer - Tuesday April 15NFL.com writer Daniel Jeremiah talks about the NFL draft.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Tuesday April 15Which quarterback will be taken first in the NFL Draft?
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals' president - Wednesday April 9Cardinals president Michael Bidwill discuses the getting the 2015 NFL Pro Bowl.
- Roger Kingdom, Arizona Cardinals' Speed Coach - Monday April 7Roger Kingdom talks about translating muscle gained to the field without slowing the players down.
- Itís Paulís Call with Paul Calvisi! - Friday April 4The rat pack is on the loose!