Updated Sep 26, 2013 - 8:12 am
Arizona Cardinals sign LB Zack Nash to practice squad
In last Sunday's loss to the New Orleans Saints, the Cardinals lost outside linebackers Lorenzo Alexander and Sam Acho to season-ending injuries. It was announced Tuesday that rookie outside linebacker Alex Okafor would miss the remainder of the year with a biceps tendon injury.
The team has already elevated linebackers Kenny Demens and Dontay Moch to the 53-man roster, leaving spots open on the practice squad.
Nash, an undrafted free agent from Sacramento State, played eight games with the Cardinals last season, primarily on special teams. The 6-foot-4, 260-pound Nash had five tackles on kick coverage a year ago. He was released by the Cardinals August 30.
- Notes from the Nest: Arizona Cardinals practice - Dec. 6
- A different kind of measuring stick awaits Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals' coach expects 'questionable' Carson Palmer to play Sunday vs. St. Louis Rams
- Michael Floyd: A threat Arizona Cardinals have not had since Anquan Boldin
- Arizona Cardinals' OC: Rashard Mendenhall 'back to what I remember' from Pittsburgh
- Wolf's NFL 5 Star Games - Week 14 - Friday December 6The must-see NFL games of the weekend.
- Wolf's Film Room - Friday December 6Ron Wolfley grinds film all week and shares his findings in the Cardinals-Rams match-up
- John Clayton, ESPN NFL Insider - Friday December 6The Professor provides insight into this week's NFL headlines
- Ron Jaworski, ESPN NFL Analyst - Thursday December 5A recap of the Cardinals game in Philly and what to expect against the Rams.
- Craig Wolfley, Steelers Sideline Analyst - Thursday December 5Will Ben Roethlisberger leave the Steelers?