Arizona Cardinals to be without DT Dan Williams for second straight game
Williams' mother and sister were in the car as well, but they survived the accident.
The younger Williams did not make the trip to New Orleans with the team, and understandably has spent this time away from football.
Wednesday, Cardinals coach Bruce Arians confirmed his player would not be back for Sunday's game against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
"The funeral is set for Saturday, and we will not have Dan this week," he said.
A first-round pick in the 2010 NFL Draft out of Tennessee, Williams has tallied 103 combined tackles along with one fumble recovery and one interception in his career, all of which has been spent in Arizona.
The Arizona Cardinals Broadcast Department contributed to this report
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Wolf's NFL 5 Star Games - Week 14 - Friday December 6The must-see NFL games of the weekend.
- Wolf's Film Room - Friday December 6Ron Wolfley grinds film all week and shares his findings in the Cardinals-Rams match-up
- John Clayton, ESPN NFL Insider - Friday December 6The Professor provides insight into this week's NFL headlines
- Ron Jaworski, ESPN NFL Analyst - Thursday December 5A recap of the Cardinals game in Philly and what to expect against the Rams.
- Craig Wolfley, Steelers Sideline Analyst - Thursday December 5Will Ben Roethlisberger leave the Steelers?