Updated Sep 23, 2013 - 11:34 am
Arizona Cardinals lose Sam Acho, Lorenzo Alexander for season
Head coach Bruce Arians announced Monday linebackers Lorenzo Alexander and Sam Acho will be placed on injured reserve due after injuries sustained during the 31-7 loss to the Saints. Each will miss the remainder of the season.
"We'll make decisions on where we'll go with the roster in the next couple of days in replacing those guys," Arians said. "Obviously they are core people.
"Their energy will be missed as much as their play. They're both high energy guys and that part of it, as a football team, that's going to be hard to replaced."
Alexander suffered a right foot injury in the first quarter while Acho went down early in the third quarter.
Alexander was signed by the Cardinals prior to the season, finishes his campaign with four tackles and one pass defensed. Acho, who is in his third year with the team, tallied five total tackles, one sack and one forced fumble.
- The Pulse: Cardinals fans most excited to see division rivals
- A disappointed Darnell Dockett: Karlos Dansby 'chased the money'
- Arizona Cardinals 'bought right in' to offseason strength and conditioning program
- Arizona Cardinals' Dockett: 'Anything less than the playoffs is a failure'
- Thoughts on the 2014 Arizona Cardinals schedule
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals president - Thursday April 24What goes into the Cardinalsí draft preparation?
- Mark Schlereth, ESPN NFL analyst - Tuesday April 22ESPN NFL analyst Mark Schlereth talks about the NFL Draft.
- Terry McDonough, Cardinals VP of player personnel - Tuesday April 22Who will the Cardinals draft with their first-round pick?
- Larry Fitzgerald, Cardinals wide receiver - Tuesday April 22How are the Cardinals getting better in the offseason?
- Derek Carr- Fresno State quarterback - Monday April 21Fresno State quarterback Derek Carr talks about the NFL Draft.