Updated Sep 23, 2013 - 11:34 am
Arizona Cardinals lose Sam Acho, Lorenzo Alexander for season
Head coach Bruce Arians announced Monday linebackers Lorenzo Alexander and Sam Acho will be placed on injured reserve due after injuries sustained during the 31-7 loss to the Saints. Each will miss the remainder of the season.
"We'll make decisions on where we'll go with the roster in the next couple of days in replacing those guys," Arians said. "Obviously they are core people.
"Their energy will be missed as much as their play. They're both high energy guys and that part of it, as a football team, that's going to be hard to replaced."
Alexander suffered a right foot injury in the first quarter while Acho went down early in the third quarter.
Alexander was signed by the Cardinals prior to the season, finishes his campaign with four tackles and one pass defensed. Acho, who is in his third year with the team, tallied five total tackles, one sack and one forced fumble.
- Arizona Cardinals linebacker Larry Foote says defense is good enough to overcome Darnell Dockett injury
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 22, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals' DE Calais Campbell: Dockett injury 'sucks,' others need to step up
- A game-time decision, Jonathan Cooper going through learning experience with Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals RB Andre Ellington bulks up in anticipation of harder hits this season
- Peter King, SI.com senior NFL writer - Friday August 22Peter King thinks Carson Palmer could have a big year for the Cardinals.
- Michael Floyd, Cardinals wide receiver - Friday August 22Michael Floyd says he thinks he can be the best wide receiver in the NFL.
- Jared Veldheer, Cardinals tackle - Friday August 22Jared Veldheer talks about his road from a Division II college to the NFL.
- Bob McManaman- Arizona Republic senior sportswriter - Friday August 22Bob McManaman believes that Jay Feely is in danger of getting cut from the Cardinals.
- Andre Ellington- Cardinals running back - Friday August 22Andre Ellington looks forward to a break out year with the Arizona Cardinals.