Cardinals' Johnson loses part of finger during game
Arizona Cardinals safety Rashad Johnson lost part of his left middle finger during the team's loss to the New Orleans Saints on Sunday.
@PaulPabst lost top portion of it. Had exposed bone and skin shaved down yesterday and stitched up. Prob most painful injury I've had.— Rashad Johnson (@49foyamind49) September 23, 2013
ESPN's Adam Schefter tweeted out shortly after that Johnson is unsure when the injury happened but thinks it was on a punt return.
Cardinals S Rashad Johnson unsure when he lost top portion of his finger. Thinks it was on a punt return, but needs to watch film.— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) September 23, 2013
Someone on Twitter asked Johnson to send a twitpic of his finger and Johnson tweeted back that's probably not something you want to see.
The team is in Florida for the week in preparations for their game against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers on Sunday, and general manager Steve Keim says Johnson is with them.
"Rashad's actually on his way to the hotel right now, I think he may even be at the hotel right now and our medical staff will have the first opportunity to look at him," Keim told Doug and Wolf on Arizona Sports 620 Monday morning. "He's tough and I think he'll be ready to go this week and from what I understand, he could be potentially in a day-to-day situation."
- A 'confident' Andre Ellington excited about increased role with Arizona Cardinals
- All-Access with Bruce Arians: Fighting not tolerated in Cardinals camp
- Antonio Cromartie: Arizona Cardinals ‘most talented secondary' he has been a part of
- Arizona Cardinals' GM Steve Keim: Bobby Massie in 'best shape of his career'
- Personnel and penumbras
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Monday July 28Lorenzo Alexander gives his take on replacing Daryl Washington and praises former teammate London Fl
- Darren Urban, Arizona Cardinals reporter - Monday July 28Cardinals reporter Darren Urban discusses team improvements and which player he thinks will have a b
- Antonio Cromartie, Cardinals defensive back - Monday July 28Antonio Cromartie talks about his expectations for this year's Arizona Cardinals.
- Bruce Arians, Cardinals head coach - Monday July 28Cardinals coach Bruce Arians talks about the first days of training camp and what he's seen from pl
- Dave Pasch, Voice of the Arizona Cardinals - Monday July 28The voice of the Cardinals Dave Pasch shares his first impressions of training camp.