Updated Sep 22, 2013 - 9:16 pm
Cardinals' coach Bruce Arians on injuries: We're probably going to lose a few guys for the season
Both special teams standout/outside linebacker Lorenzo Alexander (right foot) and safety Rashad Johnson (finger) left the contest in the first half. And, outside linebacker Sam Acho had to be carted back to the locker room with an ankle injury in the third quarter.
So, when asked by Arizona Sports 620's Paul Calvisi about where his team's focus will be going into a Week 4 matchup with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers next Sunday, Cardinals head coach Bruce Arians didn't talk X's and O's. Instead, he turned his attention to the health of his players.
"The biggest thing will be to overcome the injuries and to get young players ready to play and the replacements that are now starters," Arians said. "I'm pretty sure we're going to lose a couple of guys probably for the season.
"We'll wait until Wednesday to see how that goes with the X-rays and everything."
Arians didn't specify which starters could be lost for the season, but any of the three could significantly alter their respective units.
Alexander, a Pro Bowler in 2012, has four tackles and a pass deflection in 2013.
Acho also has four tackles and added a sack in Sunday's loss.
Johnson, a first-year starter, has 13 tackles this season.
"We have to regroup. Change has not been good to us," said Arians. "I've already challenged our guys to accept the change of this week, being in Florida practicing and dedicating everything they've got to come out of here 2-2. We can still reach our goals."
- A disappointed Darnell Dockett: Karlos Dansby 'chased the money'
- Arizona Cardinals 'bought right in' to offseason strength and conditioning program
- Arizona Cardinals' Dockett: 'Anything less than the playoffs is a failure'
- Thoughts on the 2014 Arizona Cardinals schedule
- Arizona Cardinals president Michael Bidwill on schedule: NFL 'gave us a lot of respect'
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals president - Thursday April 24What goes into the Cardinalsí draft preparation?
- Mark Schlereth, ESPN NFL analyst - Tuesday April 22ESPN NFL analyst Mark Schlereth talks about the NFL Draft.
- Terry McDonough, Cardinals VP of player personnel - Tuesday April 22Who will the Cardinals draft with their first-round pick?
- Larry Fitzgerald, Cardinals wide receiver - Tuesday April 22How are the Cardinals getting better in the offseason?
- Derek Carr- Fresno State quarterback - Monday April 21Fresno State quarterback Derek Carr talks about the NFL Draft.