Updated Sep 22, 2013 - 9:16 pm
Cardinals' coach Bruce Arians on injuries: We're probably going to lose a few guys for the season
Both special teams standout/outside linebacker Lorenzo Alexander (right foot) and safety Rashad Johnson (finger) left the contest in the first half. And, outside linebacker Sam Acho had to be carted back to the locker room with an ankle injury in the third quarter.
So, when asked by Arizona Sports 620's Paul Calvisi about where his team's focus will be going into a Week 4 matchup with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers next Sunday, Cardinals head coach Bruce Arians didn't talk X's and O's. Instead, he turned his attention to the health of his players.
"The biggest thing will be to overcome the injuries and to get young players ready to play and the replacements that are now starters," Arians said. "I'm pretty sure we're going to lose a couple of guys probably for the season.
"We'll wait until Wednesday to see how that goes with the X-rays and everything."
Arians didn't specify which starters could be lost for the season, but any of the three could significantly alter their respective units.
Alexander, a Pro Bowler in 2012, has four tackles and a pass deflection in 2013.
Acho also has four tackles and added a sack in Sunday's loss.
Johnson, a first-year starter, has 13 tackles this season.
"We have to regroup. Change has not been good to us," said Arians. "I've already challenged our guys to accept the change of this week, being in Florida practicing and dedicating everything they've got to come out of here 2-2. We can still reach our goals."
- John Abraham feels good after first practice, confident he'll be ready soon
- Arizona Cardinals release DT Anthony McCloud
- Forbes: Larry Fitzgerald among most overpaid players in NFL
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 20, 2014
- Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander defends Daniel Snyder but thinks Redskins should change name
- Deone Bucannon- Cardinals safety - Thursday August 21Deone Bucannon talks about finding his role on the Cardinals' defense.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 21Bruce Arians loves the look of his defense at this point in training camp.
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals DE - Thursday August 21Calais talks about the state of the Cardinals defense.
- Lyle Sendlein, Cardinals center - Wednesday August 20Lyle Sendlein talks about coming back from his injury and the loss of Darnell Dockett.
- Jake Plummer- Former Cardinals and Sun Devils quarterback - Wednesday August 20Jake Plummer says Johnny Manziel is just passionate about the game of football.