Updated Sep 22, 2013 - 9:16 pm
Cardinals' coach Bruce Arians on injuries: We're probably going to lose a few guys for the season
Both special teams standout/outside linebacker Lorenzo Alexander (right foot) and safety Rashad Johnson (finger) left the contest in the first half. And, outside linebacker Sam Acho had to be carted back to the locker room with an ankle injury in the third quarter.
So, when asked by Arizona Sports 620's Paul Calvisi about where his team's focus will be going into a Week 4 matchup with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers next Sunday, Cardinals head coach Bruce Arians didn't talk X's and O's. Instead, he turned his attention to the health of his players.
"The biggest thing will be to overcome the injuries and to get young players ready to play and the replacements that are now starters," Arians said. "I'm pretty sure we're going to lose a couple of guys probably for the season.
"We'll wait until Wednesday to see how that goes with the X-rays and everything."
Arians didn't specify which starters could be lost for the season, but any of the three could significantly alter their respective units.
Alexander, a Pro Bowler in 2012, has four tackles and a pass deflection in 2013.
Acho also has four tackles and added a sack in Sunday's loss.
Johnson, a first-year starter, has 13 tackles this season.
"We have to regroup. Change has not been good to us," said Arians. "I've already challenged our guys to accept the change of this week, being in Florida practicing and dedicating everything they've got to come out of here 2-2. We can still reach our goals."
- Carson Palmer: Arizona Cardinals need to run the football to win in the NFC West
- Carson Palmer: Arizona Cardinals are 'completely different team' from last year
- Arizona Cardinals sign wide receiver/kick returner Reggie Dunn
- The 5: Top storylines heading into Arizona Cardinals training camp
- Arizona Cardinals' Patrick Peterson and Michael Floyd rank high on ESPN's list of top under-25 players
- Bickley Blast - Friday July 25The Cardinals kick off training camp with high expectations.
- Impromptu Power Poll - Friday July 25What are the top 5 position battles for the AZ Cardinals heading into training camp?
- Carson Palmer, AZ Cardinals QB - Friday July 25Cardinals QB Carson Palmer describes the key to this offense winning games.
- John Clayton, ESPN NFL Insider - Friday July 25ESPN NFL Insider John Clayton talks about Marshawn Lynch’s impending holdout.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday July 24What will the future hold for the Cardinals and Larry Fitzgerald?