Arizona Cardinals' Fanaika excited for challenge against Lions D-line
While Fanaika said he's always working on improving his game, he realizes this week is a special opportunity to push himself to get ready for two very talented players.
"What makes them special to me is their ability to make plays, whether it's using their athleticism or their strength to get off blocks to make plays," Fanaika said of the pair. "Just being disruptive, disrupting the pocket and affecting the quarterback's throwing rhythm."
Fairley, who's in his third season, and Suh, who's in his fourth, have been prolific in their young careers, combining for 30 sacks already. Fanaika doesn't think they're impossible to block though.
"Going to have to be close to a perfect game, but they're blockable guys," Fanaika said. "They're not going to be easy but it can be done."
Fanaika also said this will be a benchmark matchup for him, adding, "These guys are the best d-tackles so it's definitely exciting, especially getting a challenge like this early in the year. It's definitely exciting, very exciting for me."
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 1, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals LB John Abraham releases statement on June DUI arrest
- Arizona Cardinals' Jay Feely on proposal to push PATs back: 'There's going to be a lot more injuries'
- Cardinals rookie receiver John Brown doing more than relying on physical talents in training camp
- All-Access with Bruce Arians: Brown sits out, Starks adds depth, Abraham will be in camp 'soon'
- Kareem Martin, Arizona Cardinals defensive end - Friday August 1Arizona Cardinals’ defensive end Kareem Martin speaks on his first NFL training camp experience.
- Tony Jefferson, Arizona Cardinals safety - Friday August 1Arizona Cardinals’ safety Tony Jefferson discusses training camp improvements.
- Bob McManaman, azcentral sports writer - Friday August 1azcentral sports writer Bob McManaman joins the show at Cardinals training camp.
- John Brown, Cardinals wide receiver - Friday August 1Cardinals rookie wide receiver John Brown says he is different from other rookies.
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 1Are the fortunes of the Arizona Cardinals changing?