Arizona Cardinals' Fanaika excited for challenge against Lions D-line
While Fanaika said he's always working on improving his game, he realizes this week is a special opportunity to push himself to get ready for two very talented players.
"What makes them special to me is their ability to make plays, whether it's using their athleticism or their strength to get off blocks to make plays," Fanaika said of the pair. "Just being disruptive, disrupting the pocket and affecting the quarterback's throwing rhythm."
Fairley, who's in his third season, and Suh, who's in his fourth, have been prolific in their young careers, combining for 30 sacks already. Fanaika doesn't think they're impossible to block though.
"Going to have to be close to a perfect game, but they're blockable guys," Fanaika said. "They're not going to be easy but it can be done."
Fanaika also said this will be a benchmark matchup for him, adding, "These guys are the best d-tackles so it's definitely exciting, especially getting a challenge like this early in the year. It's definitely exciting, very exciting for me."
- Steve Keim, Cardinals GM - Friday April 18Will the Cardinals draft a quarterback?
- John McClain, NFL insider - Thursday April 17Who will the Texans draft?
- Daniel Jeremiah, NFL.com writer - Tuesday April 15NFL.com writer Daniel Jeremiah talks about the NFL draft.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Tuesday April 15Which quarterback will be taken first in the NFL Draft?
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals' president - Wednesday April 9Cardinals president Michael Bidwill discuses the getting the 2015 NFL Pro Bowl.