Arizona Cardinals sign Paul Fanaika to contract extension
Fanaika was originally signed by the team April 24 as a free agent. His work in training camp impressed the coaching staff, and he was thrust into a starting role when left guard Jonathan Cooper broke his leg in the third preseason game.
The 6-foot-5, 327 pound Fanaika played collegiately at Arizona State University. He was selected by the Philadelphia Eagles in the seventh round of the 2009 NFL Draft, and has also spent time with the Washington Redskins and Seattle Seahawks.
In accordance with club policy, terms of the agreement were not disclosed.
- Wolf's NFL 5 Star Games - Week 14 - Friday December 6The must-see NFL games of the weekend.
- Wolf's Film Room - Friday December 6Ron Wolfley grinds film all week and shares his findings in the Cardinals-Rams match-up
- John Clayton, ESPN NFL Insider - Friday December 6The Professor provides insight into this week's NFL headlines
- Ron Jaworski, ESPN NFL Analyst - Thursday December 5A recap of the Cardinals game in Philly and what to expect against the Rams.
- Craig Wolfley, Steelers Sideline Analyst - Thursday December 5Will Ben Roethlisberger leave the Steelers?