Arizona Cardinals sign Paul Fanaika to contract extension
Fanaika was originally signed by the team April 24 as a free agent. His work in training camp impressed the coaching staff, and he was thrust into a starting role when left guard Jonathan Cooper broke his leg in the third preseason game.
The 6-foot-5, 327 pound Fanaika played collegiately at Arizona State University. He was selected by the Philadelphia Eagles in the seventh round of the 2009 NFL Draft, and has also spent time with the Washington Redskins and Seattle Seahawks.
In accordance with club policy, terms of the agreement were not disclosed.
- Daniel Jeremiah, NFL.com writer - Tuesday April 15NFL.com writer Daniel Jeremiah talks about the NFL draft.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Tuesday April 15Which quarterback will be taken first in the NFL Draft?
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals' president - Wednesday April 9Cardinals president Michael Bidwill discuses the getting the 2015 NFL Pro Bowl.
- Roger Kingdom, Arizona Cardinals' Speed Coach - Monday April 7Roger Kingdom talks about translating muscle gained to the field without slowing the players down.
- Itís Paulís Call with Paul Calvisi! - Friday April 4The rat pack is on the loose!