Arizona Cardinals sign Paul Fanaika to contract extension
Fanaika was originally signed by the team April 24 as a free agent. His work in training camp impressed the coaching staff, and he was thrust into a starting role when left guard Jonathan Cooper broke his leg in the third preseason game.
The 6-foot-5, 327 pound Fanaika played collegiately at Arizona State University. He was selected by the Philadelphia Eagles in the seventh round of the 2009 NFL Draft, and has also spent time with the Washington Redskins and Seattle Seahawks.
In accordance with club policy, terms of the agreement were not disclosed.
- Forbes: Larry Fitzgerald among most overpaid players in NFL
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 20, 2014
- Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander defends Daniel Snyder but thinks Redskins should change name
- New Arizona Cardinals defensive lineman Isaac Sopoaga thrown right into the mix
- Arizona Cardinals' Tyrann Mathieu practices for the first time this season
- Lyle Sendlein, Cardinals center - Wednesday August 20Lyle Sendlein talks about coming back from his injury and the loss of Darnell Dockett.
- Jake Plummer- Former Cardinals and Sun Devils quarterback - Wednesday August 20Jake Plummer says Johnny Manziel is just passionate about the game of football.
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Wednesday August 20Lorenzo Alexander discusses having to step up to fill the voids left by injuries and free agents lea
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday August 20The NFL has a new problem on their hands, and it has to do with the Redskins.
- Larry Fitzgerald, AZ Cardinals WR - Wednesday August 20Doug & Wolf ask Fitz about the Cardinals offense and about his future in Arizona.