Arizona Cardinals sign Paul Fanaika to contract extension
Fanaika was originally signed by the team April 24 as a free agent. His work in training camp impressed the coaching staff, and he was thrust into a starting role when left guard Jonathan Cooper broke his leg in the third preseason game.
The 6-foot-5, 327 pound Fanaika played collegiately at Arizona State University. He was selected by the Philadelphia Eagles in the seventh round of the 2009 NFL Draft, and has also spent time with the Washington Redskins and Seattle Seahawks.
In accordance with club policy, terms of the agreement were not disclosed.
- With Jared Veldheer signing, Steve Keim has done it again
- Numbers say Jared Veldheer is a big pickup for the Arizona Cardinals
- Team broadcaster 'mystified' that Raiders let Jared Veldheer go to Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals benefit from the Carson Palmer effect
- It's official: Arizona Cardinals re-sign trio of players, release Daryn Colledge
- Tom Flores, Oakland Raiders radio color commentator - Tuesday March 11Tom Flores discusses Cardinals signing of left tackle Jared Veldheer.
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday March 11Is Jim Harbaugh still welcome in San Francisco?
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Monday March 10Kent Somers talks all things Cardinals free agency.
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.