Arizona Cardinals sign Paul Fanaika to contract extension
Fanaika was originally signed by the team April 24 as a free agent. His work in training camp impressed the coaching staff, and he was thrust into a starting role when left guard Jonathan Cooper broke his leg in the third preseason game.
The 6-foot-5, 327 pound Fanaika played collegiately at Arizona State University. He was selected by the Philadelphia Eagles in the seventh round of the 2009 NFL Draft, and has also spent time with the Washington Redskins and Seattle Seahawks.
In accordance with club policy, terms of the agreement were not disclosed.
- Walt Powell claimed by New York Jets
- How the West Was Won - Week 1
- ESPN: Arizona Cardinals' offense will offset losses on defense, lead team to a winning record
- Cardinals awarded waiver claim on OLB Thomas Keiser, waive rookie WR Walt Powell
- Bauman, Golden, Sopoaga, Hardy among Arizona Cardinals' final roster cuts
- Darren Urban - azcardinals.com - Friday August 29Darren Urban breaks down the latest surrounding the Cardinals' impending roster moves
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 29The Arizona Cardinals and San Diego Chargers played one of the most pointless games in NFL history l
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Dave Pasch - Cardinals commentator - Tuesday August 26Dave Pasch thinks Michael Floyd is a number one receiving target.