Power Rankings Roundup: Cardinals rise after close loss
At 0-1, the team is in sole possession of last place in the NFC West, but that does not mean the national media is down on Bruce Arians' club.
In fact, the Cards have risen in some of the newest power rankings. See for yourself.
(last week #30)
Another team that looked better than expected, but still lost, and who are you going to move them ahead of?
(last week #20)
The good news that came from that loss to the Rams was that Carson Palmer looked impressive. Their passing game will be tough.
(last week #26)
Larry Fitzgerald caught a pair of TD passes on end-zone throws in his debut with Carson Palmer. Cardinals QBs were 0-for-9 targeting Fitzgerald in the end zone last year.
(last week #29)
It was fun to watch Larry Fitzgerald get to play with a competent quarterback again but that isn't always going to translate into wins.
(last week #25)
Disappointing to see the strength of this football team -- the defense -- fail to hold the line late in St. Louis on Sunday. Fans have to be encouraged, however, by the play of quarterback Carson Palmer, who might not have been perfect but averaged 8 yards per attempt behind a shaky offensive line, finding Larry Fitzgerald for two scores. I still think Bruce Arians was the right hire for this football team.
(last week #27)
The improvement Carson Palmer brings to this team is going to be short-lived as long as Levi Brown is starting on the quarterback's left side.
(last week #25)
Go ahead and book it: The Cardinals will pull off a couple of upsets this season -- possibly as early as Week 2 against Detroit. (The Cardinals smoked the Lions last season, 38-10.) But there are going to be a lot of games like the 27-24 loss to St. Louis, where Arizona competes hard and falls short.
- Arizona Cardinals GM Steve Keim: 'I'm never done' building the roster
- Walt Powell claimed by New York Jets
- How the West Was Won - Week 1
- ESPN: Arizona Cardinals' offense will offset losses on defense, lead team to a winning record
- Cardinals awarded waiver claim on OLB Thomas Keiser, waive rookie WR Walt Powell
- Steve Keim - Arizona Cardinals GM - Tuesday September 2Steve Keim discusses whether or not the Cardinals roster is set.
- Darren Urban - azcardinals.com - Friday August 29Darren Urban breaks down the latest surrounding the Cardinals' impending roster moves
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 29The Arizona Cardinals and San Diego Chargers played one of the most pointless games in NFL history l
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.