Power Rankings Roundup: Cardinals rise after close loss
At 0-1, the team is in sole possession of last place in the NFC West, but that does not mean the national media is down on Bruce Arians' club.
In fact, the Cards have risen in some of the newest power rankings. See for yourself.
(last week #30)
Another team that looked better than expected, but still lost, and who are you going to move them ahead of?
(last week #20)
The good news that came from that loss to the Rams was that Carson Palmer looked impressive. Their passing game will be tough.
(last week #26)
Larry Fitzgerald caught a pair of TD passes on end-zone throws in his debut with Carson Palmer. Cardinals QBs were 0-for-9 targeting Fitzgerald in the end zone last year.
(last week #29)
It was fun to watch Larry Fitzgerald get to play with a competent quarterback again but that isn't always going to translate into wins.
(last week #25)
Disappointing to see the strength of this football team -- the defense -- fail to hold the line late in St. Louis on Sunday. Fans have to be encouraged, however, by the play of quarterback Carson Palmer, who might not have been perfect but averaged 8 yards per attempt behind a shaky offensive line, finding Larry Fitzgerald for two scores. I still think Bruce Arians was the right hire for this football team.
(last week #27)
The improvement Carson Palmer brings to this team is going to be short-lived as long as Levi Brown is starting on the quarterback's left side.
(last week #25)
Go ahead and book it: The Cardinals will pull off a couple of upsets this season -- possibly as early as Week 2 against Detroit. (The Cardinals smoked the Lions last season, 38-10.) But there are going to be a lot of games like the 27-24 loss to St. Louis, where Arizona competes hard and falls short.
- John McClain, NFL insider - Thursday April 17Who will the Texans draft?
- Daniel Jeremiah, NFL.com writer - Tuesday April 15NFL.com writer Daniel Jeremiah talks about the NFL draft.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Tuesday April 15Which quarterback will be taken first in the NFL Draft?
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals' president - Wednesday April 9Cardinals president Michael Bidwill discuses the getting the 2015 NFL Pro Bowl.
- Roger Kingdom, Arizona Cardinals' Speed Coach - Monday April 7Roger Kingdom talks about translating muscle gained to the field without slowing the players down.