Power Rankings Roundup: Cardinals rise after close loss
At 0-1, the team is in sole possession of last place in the NFC West, but that does not mean the national media is down on Bruce Arians' club.
In fact, the Cards have risen in some of the newest power rankings. See for yourself.
(last week #30)
Another team that looked better than expected, but still lost, and who are you going to move them ahead of?
(last week #20)
The good news that came from that loss to the Rams was that Carson Palmer looked impressive. Their passing game will be tough.
(last week #26)
Larry Fitzgerald caught a pair of TD passes on end-zone throws in his debut with Carson Palmer. Cardinals QBs were 0-for-9 targeting Fitzgerald in the end zone last year.
(last week #29)
It was fun to watch Larry Fitzgerald get to play with a competent quarterback again but that isn't always going to translate into wins.
(last week #25)
Disappointing to see the strength of this football team -- the defense -- fail to hold the line late in St. Louis on Sunday. Fans have to be encouraged, however, by the play of quarterback Carson Palmer, who might not have been perfect but averaged 8 yards per attempt behind a shaky offensive line, finding Larry Fitzgerald for two scores. I still think Bruce Arians was the right hire for this football team.
(last week #27)
The improvement Carson Palmer brings to this team is going to be short-lived as long as Levi Brown is starting on the quarterback's left side.
(last week #25)
Go ahead and book it: The Cardinals will pull off a couple of upsets this season -- possibly as early as Week 2 against Detroit. (The Cardinals smoked the Lions last season, 38-10.) But there are going to be a lot of games like the 27-24 loss to St. Louis, where Arizona competes hard and falls short.
- Carson Palmer: Arizona Cardinals need to run the football to win in the NFC West
- Carson Palmer: Arizona Cardinals are 'completely different team' from last year
- Arizona Cardinals sign wide receiver/kick returner Reggie Dunn
- The 5: Top storylines heading into Arizona Cardinals training camp
- Arizona Cardinals' Patrick Peterson and Michael Floyd rank high on ESPN's list of top under-25 players
- Bickley Blast - Friday July 25The Cardinals kick off training camp with high expectations.
- Impromptu Power Poll - Friday July 25What are the top 5 position battles for the AZ Cardinals heading into training camp?
- Carson Palmer, AZ Cardinals QB - Friday July 25Cardinals QB Carson Palmer describes the key to this offense winning games.
- John Clayton, ESPN NFL Insider - Friday July 25ESPN NFL Insider John Clayton talks about Marshawn Lynch’s impending holdout.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday July 24What will the future hold for the Cardinals and Larry Fitzgerald?