Updated Sep 10, 2013 - 12:16 pm
Arizona Cardinals' Arians focused on fixing issues, getting ready for Lions
On The Dan Bickley Show with Vince Marotta on Arizona Sports 620 Monday, Arians talked about some of the things he's hoping to fix from the game as well as previewed some of the key matchups against the Lions.
"When we leave the building today at 5 o'clock, I want everything corrected from this game," Arians said. "That's our coaches' job, that's our players' job."
Aside from the offensive line troubles that have already been well documented, one area that needs fixing according to Arians is putting pressure on the quarterback.
"We had good inside pressure, it's the outside pass rushers that need to stick to their techniques and do what they do best," Arians said. "Don't try to create on the run someone you're not. We were a little bit out of sync on who we were in that ballgame."
When asked about the Lions, Arians first mentioned Detroit's imposing defensive line, consisting of rookie Ezekial Ansah, Nick Fairly and Ndamukong Suh, who received a hefty suspension from the NFL for a hit during his team's Week 1 win over Minnesota.
Arians also talked planning for running back Reggie Bush, who's coming off a great all-around performance in week one and is used in a multitude of ways by the Lions.
"They have those great wide receivers and you're going to double-team them a lot so you're going to have Reggie sitting there one-on-one and that's the type of running game they want," Arians explained.
Between Bush and All-Pro wide receiver Calvin Johnson, the Cardinals defense will have their hands full against the Lions, who defeated the Minnesota Vikings 34-24 on Sunday.
- NFL writer: Cardinals wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald 'bound to improve' in 2014
- GM Steve Keim updates Arizona Cardinals' draft progress
- NFL Draft '14: Is it time for the Arizona Cardinals to draft a QB?
- Arizona Cardinals' Larry Fitzgerald to be honored for off-the-field work
- 2014 Arizona Cardinals draft stock tracker
- Steve Keim, Cardinals GM - Friday April 18Will the Cardinals draft a quarterback?
- John McClain, NFL insider - Thursday April 17Who will the Texans draft?
- Daniel Jeremiah, NFL.com writer - Tuesday April 15NFL.com writer Daniel Jeremiah talks about the NFL draft.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Tuesday April 15Which quarterback will be taken first in the NFL Draft?
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals' president - Wednesday April 9Cardinals president Michael Bidwill discuses the getting the 2015 NFL Pro Bowl.