Updated Sep 10, 2013 - 12:16 pm
Arizona Cardinals' Arians focused on fixing issues, getting ready for Lions
On The Dan Bickley Show with Vince Marotta on Arizona Sports 620 Monday, Arians talked about some of the things he's hoping to fix from the game as well as previewed some of the key matchups against the Lions.
"When we leave the building today at 5 o'clock, I want everything corrected from this game," Arians said. "That's our coaches' job, that's our players' job."
Aside from the offensive line troubles that have already been well documented, one area that needs fixing according to Arians is putting pressure on the quarterback.
"We had good inside pressure, it's the outside pass rushers that need to stick to their techniques and do what they do best," Arians said. "Don't try to create on the run someone you're not. We were a little bit out of sync on who we were in that ballgame."
When asked about the Lions, Arians first mentioned Detroit's imposing defensive line, consisting of rookie Ezekial Ansah, Nick Fairly and Ndamukong Suh, who received a hefty suspension from the NFL for a hit during his team's Week 1 win over Minnesota.
Arians also talked planning for running back Reggie Bush, who's coming off a great all-around performance in week one and is used in a multitude of ways by the Lions.
"They have those great wide receivers and you're going to double-team them a lot so you're going to have Reggie sitting there one-on-one and that's the type of running game they want," Arians explained.
Between Bush and All-Pro wide receiver Calvin Johnson, the Cardinals defense will have their hands full against the Lions, who defeated the Minnesota Vikings 34-24 on Sunday.
- Mark Schlereth, ESPN NFL analyst - Tuesday April 22ESPN NFL analyst Mark Schlereth talks about the NFL Draft.
- Terry McDonough, Cardinals VP of player personnel - Tuesday April 22Who will the Cardinals draft with their first-round pick?
- Larry Fitzgerald, Cardinals wide receiver - Tuesday April 22How are the Cardinals getting better in the offseason?
- Derek Carr- Fresno State quarterback - Monday April 21Fresno State quarterback Derek Carr talks about the NFL Draft.
- Steve Keim, Cardinals GM - Friday April 18Will the Cardinals draft a quarterback?