Updated Sep 3, 2013 - 9:53 am
Former UA, ASU standouts among those cut by NFL teams
Unfortunately, local products from Arizona and Arizona State were not immune to business side of the game.
Kerry Taylor (Cardinals), Colin Parker (Cardinals) Gerell Robinson (Broncos), Brandon Magee (Cowboys), Lawrence Guy (Colts), Garth Gerhart (Packers), Deveron Carr (Buccaneers), Rashad Ross (Titans), Ryan Torain (Giants) and Brandon Smith (Packers).
Magee has since been claimed off of waivers by the Cleveland Browns, while Carr and Ross were signed to the practice squads of the teams that initially released them.
Taylor, who was let go by Bruce Arians and Co. Saturday, was also signed to the Cardinals' practice squad Monday.
Spencer Larsen (Buccaneers), Ricky Elmore (Redskins), Colin Baxter (Chargers), Trevin Wade (Browns), Mike Thomas (Cardinals), Dan Buckner (Cardinals), Fendi Onobun (Bears), Matt Scott (Jaguars) and David Douglas (Buccaneers).
Scott and Onobun were signed to their teams' respective practice squads.
D'Aundre Reed (Vikings) and Chris Gronkowski (Chargers) were also waived/put on IR by their respective teams.
Onubun was also later signed to Chicago's practice squad.
- All-Access with Arians: Jobs still up for grabs, cuts will be difficult
- What I Saw -- Thursday, Aug. 21
- The Pulse: Two-thirds of voters say Arizona Cardinals should go with a new kicker
- Arizona Cardinals safety Deone Bucannon: clean hits 'something I have to learn'
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 21, 2014
- Bob McManaman- Arizona Republic senior sportswriter - Friday August 22Bob McManaman believes that Jay Feely is in danger of getting cut from the Cardinals.
- Andre Ellington- Cardinals running back - Friday August 22Andre Ellington looks forward to a break out year with the Arizona Cardinals.
- House of Cards Camp Awards - Friday August 22Doug & Wolf announce the winners of the 2014 House of Cards Camp Awards.
- Max Starks, Cardinals offenisve lineman - Friday August 22Cardinals offensive lineman Max Starks is excited to be reunited with Bruce Arians.
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals president - Friday August 22Michael Bidwill discusses preparing for the Super Bowl without the help of the City of Glendale.