Updated Sep 3, 2013 - 9:53 am
Former UA, ASU standouts among those cut by NFL teams
Unfortunately, local products from Arizona and Arizona State were not immune to business side of the game.
Kerry Taylor (Cardinals), Colin Parker (Cardinals) Gerell Robinson (Broncos), Brandon Magee (Cowboys), Lawrence Guy (Colts), Garth Gerhart (Packers), Deveron Carr (Buccaneers), Rashad Ross (Titans), Ryan Torain (Giants) and Brandon Smith (Packers).
Magee has since been claimed off of waivers by the Cleveland Browns, while Carr and Ross were signed to the practice squads of the teams that initially released them.
Taylor, who was let go by Bruce Arians and Co. Saturday, was also signed to the Cardinals' practice squad Monday.
Spencer Larsen (Buccaneers), Ricky Elmore (Redskins), Colin Baxter (Chargers), Trevin Wade (Browns), Mike Thomas (Cardinals), Dan Buckner (Cardinals), Fendi Onobun (Bears), Matt Scott (Jaguars) and David Douglas (Buccaneers).
Scott and Onobun were signed to their teams' respective practice squads.
D'Aundre Reed (Vikings) and Chris Gronkowski (Chargers) were also waived/put on IR by their respective teams.
Onubun was also later signed to Chicago's practice squad.
- Steve Tasker, NFL Analyst - Wednesday December 11Tasker discusses Carson Palmer, Tyrann Mathieu and what's going on with the Redskins.
- John Abraham, AZ Cardinals - Monday December 9Abraham discusses his outstanding game, his record career and how long he plans to play.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Monday December 9The Cardinals get a huge division win, but lose a huge piece to their defense.
- Wolf's NFL 5 Star Games - Week 14 - Friday December 6The must-see NFL games of the weekend.
- Wolf's Film Room - Friday December 6Ron Wolfley grinds film all week and shares his findings in the Cardinals-Rams match-up