Arizona Cardinals receivers making Bruce Arians' decision a tough one
After four preseason games, that question remains -- and it's not for a lack of qualified candidates.
"That's going to be the toughest one right now," head coach Bruce Arians told Paul Calvisi and Bertrand Berry on the Arizona Cardinals Radio Network. "Special teams will tell the tale of the tape on that."
There are four candidates vying for two or three spots, and all of them have made an impression in the preseason.
Jaron Brown, an undrafted rookie from Clemson, caught 11 passes for 145 yards and two touchdowns, including a 55-yard strike from Ryan Lindley in Thursday's 32-24 win over the Denver Broncos.
Also in the mix are veteran Mike Thomas, who signed during camp after getting cut by Detroit, undrafted rookie Charles Hawkins and former ASU receiver Kerry Taylor.
"Jaron Brown had made a nice couple plays, he's played extremely well the whole preseason on special teams," Arians said. "Mike Thomas is stepping in and making plays, Kerry Taylor makes plays -- it's going to be a tough decision at wideout."
All four candidates have played numerous snaps on special teams in the preseason.
Arians said he feels that 48 spots on the roster are locked up, but it's the last handful that he, his coaching staff and general manager Steve Keim will deliberate on before the roster is trimmed Friday afternoon.
Vince Marotta, Co-host Dan Bickley Show with Vince Marotta, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Steve Tasker, NFL Analyst - Wednesday December 11Tasker discusses Carson Palmer, Tyrann Mathieu and what's going on with the Redskins.
- John Abraham, AZ Cardinals - Monday December 9Abraham discusses his outstanding game, his record career and how long he plans to play.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Monday December 9The Cardinals get a huge division win, but lose a huge piece to their defense.
- Wolf's NFL 5 Star Games - Week 14 - Friday December 6The must-see NFL games of the weekend.
- Wolf's Film Room - Friday December 6Ron Wolfley grinds film all week and shares his findings in the Cardinals-Rams match-up