Updated Aug 26, 2013 - 3:49 pm
With Matt Leinart, some Arizona Cardinals fans just have to know
So the next time I see him, chances are excellent we're going to have the Matt Leinart conversation. It can last anywhere from two to 10 minutes, and usually ends with him saying something like, "I just wanted to know. It's always bugged me and I just wanted to see what he would have done."
The conversation reminds me of Dirty Harry, after the "do you feel lucky punk" speech by Clint, when the punk on the ground says he just has to know how many rounds he fired.
So many Cardinals fans I know just got to know about Matt Leinart.
Maybe you're about to find out. He's been signed by the Buffalo Bills after the injuries to E.J. Manuel and Kevin Kolb. Though it sounds like Jeff Tuel would be the starter in case Manuel isn't ready, you can count Peter King (from his Monday Morning QB column) among those who got to know about Leinart:
3. I think if E.J. Manuel can't play in Week 1 against New England, I vote for Matt Leinart. Always thought he deserved one more shot.
I didn't. I felt like he got plenty of shots and failed almost every time. And I feel 99% certain that had Ken Whisenhunt given Matt Leinart that "one more shot," nothing would have changed for the Cardinals.
We'll find out soon enough if Doug Marrone feels lucky. Me personally, I think that chamber is empty.
Dave Burns, Co-host of Burns & Gambo
- Arizona Cardinals lose Tyrann Mathieu for season, maybe longer
- Bradley Sowell, offensive line bounce back for Arizona Cardinals
- What a difference a year makes for Steve Keim, Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals linebacker John Abraham's three-sack day puts him in historic company
- Larry Fitzgerald's big day leads Arizona Cardinals to win over St. Louis Rams
- Wolf's NFL 5 Star Games - Week 14 - Friday December 6The must-see NFL games of the weekend.
- Wolf's Film Room - Friday December 6Ron Wolfley grinds film all week and shares his findings in the Cardinals-Rams match-up
- John Clayton, ESPN NFL Insider - Friday December 6The Professor provides insight into this week's NFL headlines
- Ron Jaworski, ESPN NFL Analyst - Thursday December 5A recap of the Cardinals game in Philly and what to expect against the Rams.
- Craig Wolfley, Steelers Sideline Analyst - Thursday December 5Will Ben Roethlisberger leave the Steelers?