Updated Aug 26, 2013 - 3:49 pm
With Matt Leinart, some Arizona Cardinals fans just have to know
So the next time I see him, chances are excellent we're going to have the Matt Leinart conversation. It can last anywhere from two to 10 minutes, and usually ends with him saying something like, "I just wanted to know. It's always bugged me and I just wanted to see what he would have done."
The conversation reminds me of Dirty Harry, after the "do you feel lucky punk" speech by Clint, when the punk on the ground says he just has to know how many rounds he fired.
So many Cardinals fans I know just got to know about Matt Leinart.
Maybe you're about to find out. He's been signed by the Buffalo Bills after the injuries to E.J. Manuel and Kevin Kolb. Though it sounds like Jeff Tuel would be the starter in case Manuel isn't ready, you can count Peter King (from his Monday Morning QB column) among those who got to know about Leinart:
3. I think if E.J. Manuel can't play in Week 1 against New England, I vote for Matt Leinart. Always thought he deserved one more shot.
I didn't. I felt like he got plenty of shots and failed almost every time. And I feel 99% certain that had Ken Whisenhunt given Matt Leinart that "one more shot," nothing would have changed for the Cardinals.
We'll find out soon enough if Doug Marrone feels lucky. Me personally, I think that chamber is empty.
Dave Burns, Co-host of Burns & Gambo
- Arizona Cardinals coach Arians: Logan Thomas as expected, has 'a good future'
- Arizona Cardinals coach Bruce Arians confirms James Harrison interest
- Arizona Cardinals coach Arians on Tyrann Mathieu's progress: 'We'll see how he tackles'
- Report: Bengals cornerback fined for hit on Arizona Cardinals' Ted Ginn
- Arizona Cardinals preseason: By The Numbers
- Darren Urban - azcardinals.com - Friday August 29Darren Urban breaks down the latest surrounding the Cardinals' impending roster moves
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 29The Arizona Cardinals and San Diego Chargers played one of the most pointless games in NFL history l
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Dave Pasch - Cardinals commentator - Tuesday August 26Dave Pasch thinks Michael Floyd is a number one receiving target.