Report: Arizona Cardinals' Ryan Williams on the trade block
According to CBSSports.com's Jason LaCanfora, the team is shopping third-year pro Ryan Williams.
Williams, a 2011 second-round pick, has battled various medical setbacks, has been the subject of trade talks.
Indeed, Williams has struggled to stay healthy since being taken in the second round of the 2011 NFL Draft, as the former Virginia Tech star suffered a ruptured patella tendon in the first preseason game of his rookie year and then a season-ending shoulder injury Week 5 of last season.
And given that the team replaced its coaching staff in January, this offseason stood as an important one for Williams' future in Arizona. However, he's battled knee soreness since early in training camp, and finally saw the field for the first time Saturday against the San Diego Chargers.
For his career, Williams has tallied 164 yards on 58 carries, as well as 44 yards on seven receptions.
- Cardinals' Dockett: Peterson will 'definitely be a future Hall of Famer'
- Former Cardinals quarterback Kurt Warner thankful for patience of fans, organization
- Notes from the Nest: July 30, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals to host Fan Fest this weekend
- All-Access with Bruce Arians: Extra points experiment will be fun, may add excitement
- Paul Fanaika, Arizona Cardinals offensive guard - Wednesday July 30The Arizona Cardinals’ offensive guard Paul Fanaika joins the show to discuss training camp.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Wednesday July 30NFL Network analyst Kurt Warner discusses Arizona Cardinals' training camp.
- Patrick Peterson, Arizona Cardinals cornerback - Wednesday July 30Arizona Cardinals' defensive cornerback Patrick Peterson discusses his new contract extension.
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Wednesday July 30Johnny Manziel struggles in practice.
- Pete Prisco- CBS NFL Analyst - Wednesday July 30Pete Prisco talks about the top cornerbacks in the NFL.