Report: Arizona Cardinals RB Rashard Mendenhall should be ready for season opener
According to CBSSports.com's Jason LaCanfora, running back Rashard Mendenhall should be ready to go for the team's season opener at St. Louis September 8. Mendenhall ran for 47 yards on six carries before leaving with what head coach Bruce Arians described as "looseness" in his knee. The Cardinals' projected starter at running back has been bothered by tendinitis during training camp.
LaCanfora also reported that the Cardinals are dangling running back Ryan Williams in the trade market. The former second-round pick out of Virginia Tech saw his first preseason action against San Diego, carrying twice for 10 yards and catching a pass for six yards. He's missed a good portion of camp with a knee injury.
- Paul Fanaika, Arizona Cardinals offensive guard - Wednesday July 30The Arizona Cardinals’ offensive guard Paul Fanaika joins the show to discuss training camp.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Wednesday July 30NFL Network analyst Kurt Warner discusses Arizona Cardinals' training camp.
- Patrick Peterson, Arizona Cardinals cornerback - Wednesday July 30Arizona Cardinals' defensive cornerback Patrick Peterson discusses his new contract extension.
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Wednesday July 30Johnny Manziel struggles in practice.
- Pete Prisco- CBS NFL Analyst - Wednesday July 30Pete Prisco talks about the top cornerbacks in the NFL.