Report: Arizona Cardinals RB Rashard Mendenhall should be ready for season opener
According to CBSSports.com's Jason LaCanfora, running back Rashard Mendenhall should be ready to go for the team's season opener at St. Louis September 8. Mendenhall ran for 47 yards on six carries before leaving with what head coach Bruce Arians described as "looseness" in his knee. The Cardinals' projected starter at running back has been bothered by tendinitis during training camp.
LaCanfora also reported that the Cardinals are dangling running back Ryan Williams in the trade market. The former second-round pick out of Virginia Tech saw his first preseason action against San Diego, carrying twice for 10 yards and catching a pass for six yards. He's missed a good portion of camp with a knee injury.
- Arizona Cardinals begin camp with confidence and optimism
- Arizona Cardinals' Tyrann Mathieu takes another step closer to returning to the field
- Cardinals ILB Kevin Minter on trying to replace Karlos Dansby: 'It's going to be like college again'
- Carson Palmer: Arizona Cardinals need to run the football to win in the NFC West
- Carson Palmer: Arizona Cardinals are 'completely different team' from last year
- Kent Somers- AZCentral Sports - Friday July 25AZCentral Sports Cardinals beat writer Kent Somers discusses some of the challenges facing the Cardi
- Kevin Minter-Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 25Arizona Cardinals linebacker Kevin Minter discusses his new role this upcoming season.
- Bickley Blast - Friday July 25The Cardinals kick off training camp with high expectations.
- Impromptu Power Poll - Friday July 25What are the top 5 position battles for the AZ Cardinals heading into training camp?
- Carson Palmer, AZ Cardinals QB - Friday July 25Cardinals QB Carson Palmer describes the key to this offense winning games.