Updated Aug 25, 2013 - 3:34 pm
Arizona Cardinals announce preseason roster cuts
The Arizona Cardinals announced they have released 10 players during a round of preseason roster cuts.
The players who didn't make the grade include tackle Joe Caprioglio, kicker Dan Carpenter, wide receiver Jarett Dillard, wide receiver Nick Edwards, center Deveric Gallington, defensive end Cordian Hagans, linebacker Korey Jones, defensive tackle Jonathan Mathis, quarterback Caleb Terbush and cornerback Ronnie Yell.
The most prominent name on the list is Carpenter, who the team signed last week to compete with Jay Feely. Carpenter, who saw a field goal attempt blocked against the San Diego Chargers on Saturday, failed to impress.
The Cardinals also will move linebacker Dan Giordano, who is nursing a toe injury, to the reserve/PUP list.
The cuts come as the Cardinals get closer to having their 53-player regular season roster set.
- Notes from the Nest: July 27, 2014
- Cardinals CB Patrick Peterson reasserts self as NFL's best
- Earl Watford, Paul Fanaika battling for Arizona Cardinals' right guard job
- Patrick Peterson 'relieved' of offensive, special teams duties with Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals TE Troy Niklas forced to play catch-up
- Kent Somers- AZCentral Sports - Friday July 25AZCentral Sports Cardinals beat writer Kent Somers discusses some of the challenges facing the Cardi
- Kevin Minter-Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 25Arizona Cardinals linebacker Kevin Minter discusses his new role this upcoming season.
- Bickley Blast - Friday July 25The Cardinals kick off training camp with high expectations.
- Impromptu Power Poll - Friday July 25What are the top 5 position battles for the AZ Cardinals heading into training camp?
- Carson Palmer, AZ Cardinals QB - Friday July 25Cardinals QB Carson Palmer describes the key to this offense winning games.