Updated Aug 25, 2013 - 3:34 pm
Arizona Cardinals announce preseason roster cuts
The Arizona Cardinals announced they have released 10 players during a round of preseason roster cuts.
The players who didn't make the grade include tackle Joe Caprioglio, kicker Dan Carpenter, wide receiver Jarett Dillard, wide receiver Nick Edwards, center Deveric Gallington, defensive end Cordian Hagans, linebacker Korey Jones, defensive tackle Jonathan Mathis, quarterback Caleb Terbush and cornerback Ronnie Yell.
The most prominent name on the list is Carpenter, who the team signed last week to compete with Jay Feely. Carpenter, who saw a field goal attempt blocked against the San Diego Chargers on Saturday, failed to impress.
The Cardinals also will move linebacker Dan Giordano, who is nursing a toe injury, to the reserve/PUP list.
The cuts come as the Cardinals get closer to having their 53-player regular season roster set.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Dave Pasch - Cardinals commentator - Tuesday August 26Dave Pasch thinks Michael Floyd is a number one receiving target.
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL Insider - Tuesday August 26Mike Sando takes us inside the NFL headlines.
- Who impressed/Who depressed - Monday August 25Vince praises Arizona's newest football dynasty.