Updated Aug 25, 2013 - 3:34 pm
Arizona Cardinals announce preseason roster cuts
The Arizona Cardinals announced they have released 10 players during a round of preseason roster cuts.
The players who didn't make the grade include tackle Joe Caprioglio, kicker Dan Carpenter, wide receiver Jarett Dillard, wide receiver Nick Edwards, center Deveric Gallington, defensive end Cordian Hagans, linebacker Korey Jones, defensive tackle Jonathan Mathis, quarterback Caleb Terbush and cornerback Ronnie Yell.
The most prominent name on the list is Carpenter, who the team signed last week to compete with Jay Feely. Carpenter, who saw a field goal attempt blocked against the San Diego Chargers on Saturday, failed to impress.
The Cardinals also will move linebacker Dan Giordano, who is nursing a toe injury, to the reserve/PUP list.
The cuts come as the Cardinals get closer to having their 53-player regular season roster set.
- The 5: Top storylines heading into Arizona Cardinals training camp
- Arizona Cardinals' Patrick Peterson and Michael Floyd rank high on ESPN's list of top under-25 players
- ESPN: Arizona Cardinals loaded with under-25 talent
- Arizona Cardinals place Tyrann Mathieu and Alameda Ta'amu on PUP list
- Cardinals receive 'B' offseason grade from USA Today
- Bickley Blast - Thursday July 24What will the future hold for the Cardinals and Larry Fitzgerald?
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday July 22ESPN NFL insider Mike Sando gives updates from around the NFC West as teams head into training camp.
- Lorenzo Alexander, AZ Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 18Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander talks about team expectations for 2014.
- John McClain, Houston Chronicle sportswriter - Friday July 11Houston Chronicle sportswriter John McClain talks about the Rockets’ offseason.