Updated Aug 25, 2013 - 3:34 pm
Arizona Cardinals announce preseason roster cuts
The Arizona Cardinals announced they have released 10 players during a round of preseason roster cuts.
The players who didn't make the grade include tackle Joe Caprioglio, kicker Dan Carpenter, wide receiver Jarett Dillard, wide receiver Nick Edwards, center Deveric Gallington, defensive end Cordian Hagans, linebacker Korey Jones, defensive tackle Jonathan Mathis, quarterback Caleb Terbush and cornerback Ronnie Yell.
The most prominent name on the list is Carpenter, who the team signed last week to compete with Jay Feely. Carpenter, who saw a field goal attempt blocked against the San Diego Chargers on Saturday, failed to impress.
The Cardinals also will move linebacker Dan Giordano, who is nursing a toe injury, to the reserve/PUP list.
The cuts come as the Cardinals get closer to having their 53-player regular season roster set.
- Ron Jaworski: Arizona Cardinals' Carson Palmer 20th-best QB in NFL
- NFL.com writers: Arizona Cardinals' Larry Fitzgerald 'primed to regress in 2014'
- Arizona Cardinals' Lorenzo Alexander: Seattle Seahawks play championship game every week
- Arizona Cardinals' Larry Fitzgerald beats Seattle Seahawks' Earl Thomas, gets slimed anyway
- Arizona Cardinals ranked 11th in Pro Football Talk's preseason power rankings
- Lorenzo Alexander, AZ Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 18Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander talks about team expectations for 2014.
- John McClain, Houston Chronicle sportswriter - Friday July 11Houston Chronicle sportswriter John McClain talks about the Rockets’ offseason.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Friday June 20Keim discusses his players progress so far and his anticipation of future signings.
- Kurt Warner, former AZ Cardinals QB - Thursday June 19How does he feel about being inducted into Cardinals' Ring of Honor?
- Kurt Warner- Former Cardinals QB - Wednesday June 18Former Cardinals quarterback Kurt Warner talks about being inducted into the Ring of Honor.