SI NFL writer: Don't sleep on the Arizona Cardinals
"I really like the Cardinals, and I've said this," he told Arizona Sports 620's Bickley with Marotta Friday. "I think anyone who sleeps on them is going to regret it.
"That is a good team that is going to win games and is going to be competitive in every game."
The Cardinals won just five games last season, but a coaching change as well as substantial turnover on the roster has led many to believe they'll be a much-improved squad.
But, just like with seemingly everyone else who thinks the Cardinals will be better in 2013 than the were in 2012, there is the pretty standard caveat.
"The only thing that bothers me about the Cardinals is the division," Trotter added. "I think those teams are all going to beat up on each other, which is going to make it very difficult for Arizona to make a playoff push."
Yes, the NFC West appears to be incredibly difficult, with Super Bowl favorites San Francisco and Seattle joined by rising St. Louis.
Cardinals head coach Bruce Arians has said that he doesn't "see dominance" in the division, and no matter what projections are the games themselves must be played.
So if the Cardinals are competitive, just as Trotter believes they will be, then perhaps they'll be able to surprise the folks who already think they'll be a surprise team.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Arizona Cardinals LB John Abraham releases statement on June DUI arrest
- Arizona Cardinals' Jay Feely on proposal to push PATs back: 'There's going to be a lot more injuries'
- Cardinals rookie receiver John Brown doing more than relying on physical talents in training camp
- All-Access with Bruce Arians: Brown sits out, Starks adds depth, Abraham will be in camp 'soon'
- Arizona Cardinals sign rookie free agent LB Derrell Johnson
- Kareem Martin, Arizona Cardinals defensive end - Friday August 1Arizona Cardinals’ defensive end Kareem Martin speaks on his first NFL training camp experience.
- Tony Jefferson, Arizona Cardinals safety - Friday August 1Arizona Cardinals’ safety Tony Jefferson discusses training camp improvements.
- Bob McManaman, azcentral sports writer - Friday August 1azcentral sports writer Bob McManaman joins the show at Cardinals training camp.
- John Brown, Cardinals wide receiver - Friday August 1Cardinals rookie wide receiver John Brown says he is different from other rookies.
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 1Are the fortunes of the Arizona Cardinals changing?