SI NFL writer: Don't sleep on the Arizona Cardinals
"I really like the Cardinals, and I've said this," he told Arizona Sports 620's Bickley with Marotta Friday. "I think anyone who sleeps on them is going to regret it.
"That is a good team that is going to win games and is going to be competitive in every game."
The Cardinals won just five games last season, but a coaching change as well as substantial turnover on the roster has led many to believe they'll be a much-improved squad.
But, just like with seemingly everyone else who thinks the Cardinals will be better in 2013 than the were in 2012, there is the pretty standard caveat.
"The only thing that bothers me about the Cardinals is the division," Trotter added. "I think those teams are all going to beat up on each other, which is going to make it very difficult for Arizona to make a playoff push."
Yes, the NFC West appears to be incredibly difficult, with Super Bowl favorites San Francisco and Seattle joined by rising St. Louis.
Cardinals head coach Bruce Arians has said that he doesn't "see dominance" in the division, and no matter what projections are the games themselves must be played.
So if the Cardinals are competitive, just as Trotter believes they will be, then perhaps they'll be able to surprise the folks who already think they'll be a surprise team.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Arizona Cardinals begin to move on without Darnell Dockett
- Forbes: Arizona Cardinals are NFL's 25th-most valuable team
- Larry Fitzgerald taking things on a year-to-year basis, not worried about future with Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals kicker Jay Feely 'grateful' for chance to keep kicking
- Arizona Cardinals wide receiver Michael Floyd to make preseason debut Sunday vs. Bengals
- Jake Plummer- Former Cardinals and Sun Devils quarterback - Wednesday August 20Jake Plummer says Johnny Manziel is just passionate about the game of football.
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Wednesday August 20Lorenzo Alexander discusses having to step up to fill the voids left by injuries and free agents lea
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday August 20The NFL has a new problem on their hands, and it has to do with the Redskins.
- Larry Fitzgerald, AZ Cardinals WR - Wednesday August 20Doug & Wolf ask Fitz about the Cardinals offense and about his future in Arizona.
- Kent Somers- azcentral sports Cardinals beat writer - Tuesday August 19Kent Somers discusses how the Cardinals plan to fill the hole left by the Darnell Dockett injury.