Arizona Cardinals' Campbell: Bruce Arians 'is the man for the job'
Entering his sixth NFL season -- all with the Cardinals -- the former Miami Hurricane has both reached the Super Bowl as well as finished in last place in the NFC West.
Last season's 5-11 record was tied for the worst mark in Campbell's young career, and by the time it came to a close the lineman had an idea change would be coming to the organization.
"Any time you go through three seasons of losing records -- or pretty much, not-winning records -- in this business, it's going to happen," he said of the coaching change that saw the team replace Ken Whisenhunt with Bruce Arians.
Campbell added that he wasn't one who felt a change was needed, but that he trusts the front office to make decisions that will be best for the team.
"I like Bruce Arians, I think he's a great coach," he said, adding that he felt the same way about Whisenhunt. "But B.A. has a good thing going."
Arians has yet to coach the Cardinals in a game that counts, but so far they are 2-0 in the preseason and appear -- on the surface -- to be better than they were last season.
"I think B.A. is the man for the job," Campbell said. "I think he's got us all motivated, has us excited, really believing we can win."
He's also, according to Campbell, got the players working a little harder than perhaps they otherwise would have had no change been made.
"Change does bring the best out of everybody because when you have to start brand new and prove yourself to a new coaching staff, you play your hardest a lot earlier," he said. "Otherwise they're going to bring their guys in that they know can do the job."
Whether or not Arians will experience more success in Arizona than Whisenhunt remains to be seen, but as of now there is renewed optimism in the desert.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Daniel Jeremiah, NFL.com writer - Tuesday April 15NFL.com writer Daniel Jeremiah talks about the NFL draft.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Tuesday April 15Which quarterback will be taken first in the NFL Draft?
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals' president - Wednesday April 9Cardinals president Michael Bidwill discuses the getting the 2015 NFL Pro Bowl.
- Roger Kingdom, Arizona Cardinals' Speed Coach - Monday April 7Roger Kingdom talks about translating muscle gained to the field without slowing the players down.
- Itís Paulís Call with Paul Calvisi! - Friday April 4The rat pack is on the loose!