Arizona Cardinals coaches doing things the right way, says Lorenzo Alexander
In his first year with the team, his style has earned many a fan within both his locker room and his media room. Players like receiving straight answers, and journalists enjoy a candid coach.
"He keeps it real to you," Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf Tuesday. "He's not going to sugar coat anything; he's going to put it out there.
"If he thinks you did great, he's going to let you know. If he thinks you were horrible that day, he's going to let you know, too."
Alexander said that's a trait he and his teammates appreciate and respect, and the fact that he treats Pro Bowl receiver Larry Fitzgerald the same as he does players who are fighting to make the roster shows what kind of coach he is.
"I think that's why we're going to change the culture around here and start winning more games," Alexander added.
The linebacker, who made the Pro Bowl in 2012 for his work on special teams with the Washington Redskins, says that way of doing things extends to the entire coaching staff.
"Todd Bowles, our position coach -- you can see the same exact personality as far as getting on you, letting you know, being honest and holding you accountable from top to bottom," he said. "You've got to have that; you've got to have people that have your back and hold your same type of concepts and the way you do things if you want to create that type of chemistry and atmosphere throughout a whole organization and team."
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Arizona Cardinals linebacker Larry Foote says defense is good enough to overcome Darnell Dockett injury
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 22, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals' DE Calais Campbell: Dockett injury 'sucks,' others need to step up
- A game-time decision, Jonathan Cooper going through learning experience with Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals RB Andre Ellington bulks up in anticipation of harder hits this season
- Peter King, SI.com senior NFL writer - Friday August 22Peter King thinks Carson Palmer could have a big year for the Cardinals.
- Michael Floyd, Cardinals wide receiver - Friday August 22Michael Floyd says he thinks he can be the best wide receiver in the NFL.
- Jared Veldheer, Cardinals tackle - Friday August 22Jared Veldheer talks about his road from a Division II college to the NFL.
- Bob McManaman- Arizona Republic senior sportswriter - Friday August 22Bob McManaman believes that Jay Feely is in danger of getting cut from the Cardinals.
- Andre Ellington- Cardinals running back - Friday August 22Andre Ellington looks forward to a break out year with the Arizona Cardinals.