Arizona Cardinals coaches doing things the right way, says Lorenzo Alexander
In his first year with the team, his style has earned many a fan within both his locker room and his media room. Players like receiving straight answers, and journalists enjoy a candid coach.
"He keeps it real to you," Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf Tuesday. "He's not going to sugar coat anything; he's going to put it out there.
"If he thinks you did great, he's going to let you know. If he thinks you were horrible that day, he's going to let you know, too."
Alexander said that's a trait he and his teammates appreciate and respect, and the fact that he treats Pro Bowl receiver Larry Fitzgerald the same as he does players who are fighting to make the roster shows what kind of coach he is.
"I think that's why we're going to change the culture around here and start winning more games," Alexander added.
The linebacker, who made the Pro Bowl in 2012 for his work on special teams with the Washington Redskins, says that way of doing things extends to the entire coaching staff.
"Todd Bowles, our position coach -- you can see the same exact personality as far as getting on you, letting you know, being honest and holding you accountable from top to bottom," he said. "You've got to have that; you've got to have people that have your back and hold your same type of concepts and the way you do things if you want to create that type of chemistry and atmosphere throughout a whole organization and team."
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Arizona Cardinals RB Stepfan Taylor 'expecting more of a role' in 2014
- Arizona Cardinals training camp: Carson Chats - July 29, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals training camp: All-Access with Bruce Arians - July 29, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals rookie John Brown continues to impress while ignoring the hype
- Arizona Cardinals center Lyle Sendlein to miss 3 weeks after suffering calf injury
- Justin Bethel, Cardinals cornerback - Tuesday July 29Justin Bethel discusses his role on special teams and how training camp has gone so far.
- Pete Prisco, Senior NFL Columnist - Tuesday July 29Senior NFL columnist for CBS Pete Prisco shares his thoughts on how the Cardinals stack against othe
- Stepfan Taylor, Cardinals running back - Tuesday July 29Cardinals running back Stepfan Taylor talks training camp and his expanded role on offense.
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Monday July 28Lorenzo Alexander gives his take on replacing Daryl Washington and praises former teammate London Fl
- Darren Urban, Arizona Cardinals reporter - Monday July 28Cardinals reporter Darren Urban discusses team improvements and which player he thinks will have a b