Four observations from Monday's Arizona Cardinals practice
Post pattern. Caught it four yards deep in the end zone. Full-out sprint. In two steps regained complete body control. Jumped off of one-leg. Dunked the ball over the crossbar. If you're not aware, the crossbar is the same height as a basketball rim.
I've also heard that he taught himself how to play golf. The guy is an amazing athlete and even better person. Add to it that Denver wanted Von Miller over this guy and the Cardinals are looking good.
Despite being 33 years old and in the pre-season, he still gets respect. The Cardinals' scout defense was giving the first teamers a look with 10 players wearing white jerseys. One player wore the red 93 to represent Freeney. The coaches gave the defensive formation and play to the other 10, then told "Freeney" what he was to do.
Another interception. I've been to every practice but one. He has a pick or a tip in every practice I've been to.
You never know if you can read into this or not. Andre Roberts walked past me in gym shoes. I had no idea what was wrong. Since I wasn't expecting him out, I quickly went over to watch receiving drills.
During 7-on-7 drills, every time the Cards went three-wide with a TE and RB (sophisticated people say "11 personnel," but I'm not sophisticated), Brown was in with Fitz and Floyd. When they went to team drills, I didn't see the same formation come up for the ones so I don't know if Brown is officially the number-four WR behind Roberts. This may have been a clue who has the leg up on the WR battle.
The next decision would be between Charles Hawkins and former Sun Devil Kerry Taylor.
Doug Franz, Co-host of Doug & Wolf
- CBS Sports' Pete Prisco: Arizona Cardinals raving about how fast John Brown has picked things up
- Arizona Cardinals' Patrick Peterson on contract extension: 'I haven't had my reality check just yet'
- The Floyd Factor
- Patrick Peterson becomes highest paid CB, Richard Sherman has something to say (tweet)
- Arizona Cardinals teammates react to Patrick Peterson's contract extension
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Wednesday July 30Johnny Manziel struggles in practice.
- Pete Prisco- CBS NFL Analyst - Wednesday July 30Pete Prisco talks about the top cornerbacks in the NFL.
- Justin Bethel, Cardinals cornerback - Tuesday July 29Justin Bethel discusses his role on special teams and how training camp has gone so far.
- Pete Prisco, Senior NFL Columnist - Tuesday July 29Senior NFL columnist for CBS Pete Prisco shares his thoughts on how the Cardinals stack against othe
- Stepfan Taylor, Cardinals running back - Tuesday July 29Cardinals running back Stepfan Taylor talks training camp and his expanded role on offense.