Four observations from Monday's Arizona Cardinals practice
Post pattern. Caught it four yards deep in the end zone. Full-out sprint. In two steps regained complete body control. Jumped off of one-leg. Dunked the ball over the crossbar. If you're not aware, the crossbar is the same height as a basketball rim.
I've also heard that he taught himself how to play golf. The guy is an amazing athlete and even better person. Add to it that Denver wanted Von Miller over this guy and the Cardinals are looking good.
Despite being 33 years old and in the pre-season, he still gets respect. The Cardinals' scout defense was giving the first teamers a look with 10 players wearing white jerseys. One player wore the red 93 to represent Freeney. The coaches gave the defensive formation and play to the other 10, then told "Freeney" what he was to do.
Another interception. I've been to every practice but one. He has a pick or a tip in every practice I've been to.
You never know if you can read into this or not. Andre Roberts walked past me in gym shoes. I had no idea what was wrong. Since I wasn't expecting him out, I quickly went over to watch receiving drills.
During 7-on-7 drills, every time the Cards went three-wide with a TE and RB (sophisticated people say "11 personnel," but I'm not sophisticated), Brown was in with Fitz and Floyd. When they went to team drills, I didn't see the same formation come up for the ones so I don't know if Brown is officially the number-four WR behind Roberts. This may have been a clue who has the leg up on the WR battle.
The next decision would be between Charles Hawkins and former Sun Devil Kerry Taylor.
Doug Franz, Co-host of Doug & Wolf
- Walt Powell claimed by New York Jets
- How the West Was Won - Week 1
- ESPN: Arizona Cardinals' offense will offset losses on defense, lead team to a winning record
- Cardinals awarded waiver claim on OLB Thomas Keiser, waive rookie WR Walt Powell
- Bauman, Golden, Sopoaga, Hardy among Arizona Cardinals' final roster cuts
- Darren Urban - azcardinals.com - Friday August 29Darren Urban breaks down the latest surrounding the Cardinals' impending roster moves
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 29The Arizona Cardinals and San Diego Chargers played one of the most pointless games in NFL history l
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Dave Pasch - Cardinals commentator - Tuesday August 26Dave Pasch thinks Michael Floyd is a number one receiving target.