Four observations from Monday's Arizona Cardinals practice
Post pattern. Caught it four yards deep in the end zone. Full-out sprint. In two steps regained complete body control. Jumped off of one-leg. Dunked the ball over the crossbar. If you're not aware, the crossbar is the same height as a basketball rim.
I've also heard that he taught himself how to play golf. The guy is an amazing athlete and even better person. Add to it that Denver wanted Von Miller over this guy and the Cardinals are looking good.
Despite being 33 years old and in the pre-season, he still gets respect. The Cardinals' scout defense was giving the first teamers a look with 10 players wearing white jerseys. One player wore the red 93 to represent Freeney. The coaches gave the defensive formation and play to the other 10, then told "Freeney" what he was to do.
Another interception. I've been to every practice but one. He has a pick or a tip in every practice I've been to.
You never know if you can read into this or not. Andre Roberts walked past me in gym shoes. I had no idea what was wrong. Since I wasn't expecting him out, I quickly went over to watch receiving drills.
During 7-on-7 drills, every time the Cards went three-wide with a TE and RB (sophisticated people say "11 personnel," but I'm not sophisticated), Brown was in with Fitz and Floyd. When they went to team drills, I didn't see the same formation come up for the ones so I don't know if Brown is officially the number-four WR behind Roberts. This may have been a clue who has the leg up on the WR battle.
The next decision would be between Charles Hawkins and former Sun Devil Kerry Taylor.
Doug Franz, Co-host of Doug & Wolf
- Arizona Cardinals president Michael Bidwill on schedule: NFL 'gave us a lot of respect'
- Arizona Cardinals' 2014 schedule released
- Arizona Cardinals to host Big Red Rib & Music Festival
- Arizona Cardinals' Daryl Washington now has a two-strike count on him
- NFL Draft '14: A closer look at Alabama QB A.J. McCarron
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals president - Thursday April 24What goes into the Cardinalsí draft preparation?
- Mark Schlereth, ESPN NFL analyst - Tuesday April 22ESPN NFL analyst Mark Schlereth talks about the NFL Draft.
- Terry McDonough, Cardinals VP of player personnel - Tuesday April 22Who will the Cardinals draft with their first-round pick?
- Larry Fitzgerald, Cardinals wide receiver - Tuesday April 22How are the Cardinals getting better in the offseason?
- Derek Carr- Fresno State quarterback - Monday April 21Fresno State quarterback Derek Carr talks about the NFL Draft.