Four observations from Monday's Arizona Cardinals practice
Post pattern. Caught it four yards deep in the end zone. Full-out sprint. In two steps regained complete body control. Jumped off of one-leg. Dunked the ball over the crossbar. If you're not aware, the crossbar is the same height as a basketball rim.
I've also heard that he taught himself how to play golf. The guy is an amazing athlete and even better person. Add to it that Denver wanted Von Miller over this guy and the Cardinals are looking good.
Despite being 33 years old and in the pre-season, he still gets respect. The Cardinals' scout defense was giving the first teamers a look with 10 players wearing white jerseys. One player wore the red 93 to represent Freeney. The coaches gave the defensive formation and play to the other 10, then told "Freeney" what he was to do.
Another interception. I've been to every practice but one. He has a pick or a tip in every practice I've been to.
You never know if you can read into this or not. Andre Roberts walked past me in gym shoes. I had no idea what was wrong. Since I wasn't expecting him out, I quickly went over to watch receiving drills.
During 7-on-7 drills, every time the Cards went three-wide with a TE and RB (sophisticated people say "11 personnel," but I'm not sophisticated), Brown was in with Fitz and Floyd. When they went to team drills, I didn't see the same formation come up for the ones so I don't know if Brown is officially the number-four WR behind Roberts. This may have been a clue who has the leg up on the WR battle.
The next decision would be between Charles Hawkins and former Sun Devil Kerry Taylor.
Doug Franz, Co-host of Doug & Wolf
- Carson Palmer: Arizona Cardinals need to run the football to win in the NFC West
- Carson Palmer: Arizona Cardinals are 'completely different team' from last year
- Arizona Cardinals sign wide receiver/kick returner Reggie Dunn
- The 5: Top storylines heading into Arizona Cardinals training camp
- Arizona Cardinals' Patrick Peterson and Michael Floyd rank high on ESPN's list of top under-25 players
- Bickley Blast - Friday July 25The Cardinals kick off training camp with high expectations.
- Impromptu Power Poll - Friday July 25What are the top 5 position battles for the AZ Cardinals heading into training camp?
- Carson Palmer, AZ Cardinals QB - Friday July 25Cardinals QB Carson Palmer describes the key to this offense winning games.
- John Clayton, ESPN NFL Insider - Friday July 25ESPN NFL Insider John Clayton talks about Marshawn Lynch’s impending holdout.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday July 24What will the future hold for the Cardinals and Larry Fitzgerald?