Updated Aug 16, 2013 - 6:02 pm
Former NFL executive pegs Arizona Cardinals for eight wins
However, most seem to believe that, at the very least, they'll be improved from a 5-11 2012.
NFL.com analyst Gil Brandt, who was once an executive with the Dallas Cowboys, is one of those experts.
"I just think that they have a chance to be an 8-8 football team," Brandt told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf Friday.
Brandt, who has been touring various NFL training camps, said he noticed how upbeat Cards camp was, which may go to show how the players are buying into new coach Bruce Arians' system. He wrote about his reasons for thinking that for NFL.com earlier in the week, said his belief in Arizona is based in the team's entire offseason.
"I think everything that they've done: the hiring of a new coach, the drafting of the players they drafted -- especially the Honey Badger -- have been a real plus for this team," he said.
Brandt says he understands there are question marks facing the Cardinals, including along the offensive line and in the running game, but believes those will not be issues this season.
"I think they've made some good offseason moves, which should help their football team," he added.
Included among those moves is the addition of quarterback Carson Palmer, who Brandt believes will be very successful in the desert.
"I do think that Carson is really good," Brandt said, before turning his attention to the receivers Palmer will be throwing to. "I think [Michael Floyd] seems to have lost some weight and he looks a lot better.
"And I tell you what, a lot of teams would like to have (Andre) Roberts as their second receiver, not their third receiver."
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Arizona Cardinals linebacker Larry Foote says defense is good enough to overcome Darnell Dockett injury
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 22, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals' DE Calais Campbell: Dockett injury 'sucks,' others need to step up
- A game-time decision, Jonathan Cooper going through learning experience with Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals RB Andre Ellington bulks up in anticipation of harder hits this season
- Peter King, SI.com senior NFL writer - Friday August 22Peter King thinks Carson Palmer could have a big year for the Cardinals.
- Michael Floyd, Cardinals wide receiver - Friday August 22Michael Floyd says he thinks he can be the best wide receiver in the NFL.
- Jared Veldheer, Cardinals tackle - Friday August 22Jared Veldheer talks about his road from a Division II college to the NFL.
- Bob McManaman- Arizona Republic senior sportswriter - Friday August 22Bob McManaman believes that Jay Feely is in danger of getting cut from the Cardinals.
- Andre Ellington- Cardinals running back - Friday August 22Andre Ellington looks forward to a break out year with the Arizona Cardinals.