Updated Aug 16, 2013 - 9:15 am
CBS writer predicts Arizona Cardinals will have winning record
Pete Prisco, senior NFL columnist for CBS Sports, predicts Arizona will finish the season 9-7, which would be a huge improvement over last year's 5-11 campaign.
However, a 9-7 record would only place the Birdgang third in the NFC West this season, according to Prisco. He puts the San Francisco 49ers at 12-4 and the Seattle Seahawks at 10-6.
The CBS writer picked the Cardinals to win the division in 2012, a prediction that backfired on him. He was slightly less optimistic about the team in this year's forecast.
This time, the Arizona Cardinals are not the pick in the NFC West, even if I did change that pick before the season started. (49ers fans, you can look it up.)
Prisco puts two other NFC teams -- the Dallas Cowboys and Washington Redskins -- at 9-7 and six conference rivals with more wins that that in 2013, meaning Arizona would not make the playoffs.
Cardinals fans can rejoice in the fact Prisco did not predict either the 49ers or the Seahawks to make it to Super Bowl XLVIII. He thinks the Seahawks will get knocked out in the first round, and that the 49ers, despite earning a first round bye, will become victims in the divisional round to the Atlanta Falcons.
Prisco predicts the Cincinnati Bengals will win in the Super Bowl over the Falcons.
Andrew Gilstrap, Web Content Editor - KTAR.com/ArizonaSports.com
- Cardinals receive 'B' offseason grade from USA Today
- NFL.com's Rosenthal: Calais Campbell among NFL's most underrated players
- Arizona Cardinals' Andre Ellington tops ESPN list of breakout candidates
- Ron Jaworski: Arizona Cardinals' Carson Palmer 20th-best QB in NFL
- NFL.com writers: Arizona Cardinals' Larry Fitzgerald 'primed to regress in 2014'
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday July 22ESPN NFL insider Mike Sando gives updates from around the NFC West as teams head into training camp.
- Lorenzo Alexander, AZ Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 18Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander talks about team expectations for 2014.
- John McClain, Houston Chronicle sportswriter - Friday July 11Houston Chronicle sportswriter John McClain talks about the Rockets’ offseason.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Friday June 20Keim discusses his players progress so far and his anticipation of future signings.