Arizona Cardinals' GM: WR 'Larry Fitzgerald is being challenged'
Arizona Cardinals wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald may be a bona fide superstar, but that doesn't mean he isn't subject to change.
The seven-time Pro Bowler is facing the tall task of learning a new offense under head coach Bruce Arians.
Cardinals general manager Steve Keim said Fitzgerald is experiencing a different training camp than in years past.
"Larry's a proud guy," Keim told Arizona Sports 620's The Big Red Rage Thursday. "But he and I have had a few conversations, and for the first time probably in Larry's career, he's being challenged.
"He's being challenged mentally. He's being challenged physically."
Arians is renowned as one of the great offensive minds in the NFL after serving as offensive coordinator for the Pittsburgh Steelers and Indianapolis Colts.
Keim said he expects his franchise receiver to thrive in Arians' system.
"He's having to learn three positions at wideout and you know what, it's out of his comfort zone, but that's a good thing," Keim stated. "I told him the other day once he gets this system down, his career will flourish under Bruce Arians."
Daria Del Colliano, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Injury Report: St. Louis Rams at Arizona Cardinals
- Able to walk again, Arizona Cardinals' Jonathan Cooper takes another step toward return
- NFL.com writer: Cardinals safety Tyrann Mathieu front-runner for Defensive Rookie of the Year honor
- Notes from the Nest: Arizona Cardinals practice - Dec. 4
- Tight ends torching Arizona Cardinals' defense, but it's not as bad as you think
- NFL Power Poll - Week 14 - Wednesday December 4Doug & Wolf debate which teams are top 5 in the NFL
- Daryl Johnston, Fox NFL Analyst - Tuesday December 3What were his takeaways from the Cardinals loss to Philadelphia?
- Bruce Arians- Arizona Cardinals Head Coach - Monday December 2Bruce Arians discusses the poor officiating Sunday against the Eagles.
- Bickley Blast 12-2-13 - Monday December 2Bickley Blast: Cardinals officials
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Monday December 2A look at what unfolded between the Cardinals and Eagles in Philadelphia.