Arizona Cardinals' GM: WR 'Larry Fitzgerald is being challenged'
Arizona Cardinals wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald may be a bona fide superstar, but that doesn't mean he isn't subject to change.
The seven-time Pro Bowler is facing the tall task of learning a new offense under head coach Bruce Arians.
Cardinals general manager Steve Keim said Fitzgerald is experiencing a different training camp than in years past.
"Larry's a proud guy," Keim told Arizona Sports 620's The Big Red Rage Thursday. "But he and I have had a few conversations, and for the first time probably in Larry's career, he's being challenged.
"He's being challenged mentally. He's being challenged physically."
Arians is renowned as one of the great offensive minds in the NFL after serving as offensive coordinator for the Pittsburgh Steelers and Indianapolis Colts.
Keim said he expects his franchise receiver to thrive in Arians' system.
"He's having to learn three positions at wideout and you know what, it's out of his comfort zone, but that's a good thing," Keim stated. "I told him the other day once he gets this system down, his career will flourish under Bruce Arians."
Daria Del Colliano, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Cardinals Sunday Night Football game against Bengals sold out
- All-Access with Arians: Running game is fine, defense is better than last year
- John Abraham feels good after first practice, confident he'll be ready soon
- Arizona Cardinals release DT Anthony McCloud
- Forbes: Larry Fitzgerald among most overpaid players in NFL
- Ted Larsen, Cardinals offensive linemen - Thursday August 21Ted Larsen talks about making the move from center to left guard.
- Deone Bucannon- Cardinals safety - Thursday August 21Deone Bucannon talks about finding his role on the Cardinals' defense.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 21Bruce Arians loves the look of his defense at this point in training camp.
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals DE - Thursday August 21Calais talks about the state of the Cardinals defense.
- Lyle Sendlein, Cardinals center - Wednesday August 20Lyle Sendlein talks about coming back from his injury and the loss of Darnell Dockett.