After other Cardinals rookies hazed, Jonathan Cooper thinks his teammates will take it easy on him
The long hair of Cardinals first-round draft pick Jonathan Cooper was absolved of the damage, so far at least.
The 6-foot-2, 311-pound offensive lineman said he's looking for his teammates to stay away from his dreads.
"I think they're courteous enough not to shave my head after five years of growing my hair," the North Carolina product said Thursday.
Call it whichever you want: Respect for his hairstyle or respect for his high draft status. However, Cooper said, Cardinals veterans may get to him in other ways.
"If they want to shave my eyebrows, dye it blonde or do some funny facial hair, that's fine," he said. "I mean, it's all in good fun and everybody's had to go through it, so it's no big deal."
Andrew Gilstrap, Web Content Editor - KTAR.com/ArizonaSports.com
- Christian Tupou, Kevin Cone, Dominique Williams added to Arizona Cardinals' practice squad
- New Arizona Cardinals LB Thomas Keiser: I wanted to go pass rush for somebody
- Former Arizona Cardinals quarterback Max Hall arrested on shoplifting, drug charges
- Arizona Cardinals' GM Steve Keim: Jonathan Cooper will be great for the team
- Arizona Cardinals GM Steve Keim: 'I'm never done' building the roster
- Bruce Arians- Cardinals head coach - Tuesday September 2Bruce Arians thinks the NFC West has gotten stronger in 2014.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday September 2Will the NFL suspend 49ers' defensive end Ray McDonald?
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Tuesday September 2It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi!
- Steve Keim - Arizona Cardinals GM - Tuesday September 2Steve Keim discusses whether or not the Cardinals roster is set.
- Darren Urban - azcardinals.com - Friday August 29Darren Urban breaks down the latest surrounding the Cardinals' impending roster moves