After other Cardinals rookies hazed, Jonathan Cooper thinks his teammates will take it easy on him
The long hair of Cardinals first-round draft pick Jonathan Cooper was absolved of the damage, so far at least.
The 6-foot-2, 311-pound offensive lineman said he's looking for his teammates to stay away from his dreads.
"I think they're courteous enough not to shave my head after five years of growing my hair," the North Carolina product said Thursday.
Call it whichever you want: Respect for his hairstyle or respect for his high draft status. However, Cooper said, Cardinals veterans may get to him in other ways.
"If they want to shave my eyebrows, dye it blonde or do some funny facial hair, that's fine," he said. "I mean, it's all in good fun and everybody's had to go through it, so it's no big deal."
Andrew Gilstrap, Web Content Editor - KTAR.com/ArizonaSports.com
- Arizona Cardinals coach Arians: Logan Thomas as expected, has 'a good future'
- Arizona Cardinals coach Bruce Arians confirms James Harrison interest
- Arizona Cardinals coach Arians on Tyrann Mathieu's progress: 'We'll see how he tackles'
- Report: Bengals cornerback fined for hit on Arizona Cardinals' Ted Ginn
- Arizona Cardinals preseason: By The Numbers
- Darren Urban - azcardinals.com - Friday August 29Darren Urban breaks down the latest surrounding the Cardinals' impending roster moves
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 29The Arizona Cardinals and San Diego Chargers played one of the most pointless games in NFL history l
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Dave Pasch - Cardinals commentator - Tuesday August 26Dave Pasch thinks Michael Floyd is a number one receiving target.