After other Cardinals rookies hazed, Jonathan Cooper thinks his teammates will take it easy on him
The long hair of Cardinals first-round draft pick Jonathan Cooper was absolved of the damage, so far at least.
The 6-foot-2, 311-pound offensive lineman said he's looking for his teammates to stay away from his dreads.
"I think they're courteous enough not to shave my head after five years of growing my hair," the North Carolina product said Thursday.
Call it whichever you want: Respect for his hairstyle or respect for his high draft status. However, Cooper said, Cardinals veterans may get to him in other ways.
"If they want to shave my eyebrows, dye it blonde or do some funny facial hair, that's fine," he said. "I mean, it's all in good fun and everybody's had to go through it, so it's no big deal."
Andrew Gilstrap, Web Content Editor - KTAR.com/ArizonaSports.com
- Thoughts on the 2014 Arizona Cardinals schedule
- Arizona Cardinals president Michael Bidwill on schedule: NFL 'gave us a lot of respect'
- Arizona Cardinals' 2014 schedule released
- Arizona Cardinals to host Big Red Rib & Music Festival
- Arizona Cardinals' Daryl Washington now has a two-strike count on him
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals president - Thursday April 24What goes into the Cardinalsí draft preparation?
- Mark Schlereth, ESPN NFL analyst - Tuesday April 22ESPN NFL analyst Mark Schlereth talks about the NFL Draft.
- Terry McDonough, Cardinals VP of player personnel - Tuesday April 22Who will the Cardinals draft with their first-round pick?
- Larry Fitzgerald, Cardinals wide receiver - Tuesday April 22How are the Cardinals getting better in the offseason?
- Derek Carr- Fresno State quarterback - Monday April 21Fresno State quarterback Derek Carr talks about the NFL Draft.