After other Cardinals rookies hazed, Jonathan Cooper thinks his teammates will take it easy on him
The long hair of Cardinals first-round draft pick Jonathan Cooper was absolved of the damage, so far at least.
The 6-foot-2, 311-pound offensive lineman said he's looking for his teammates to stay away from his dreads.
"I think they're courteous enough not to shave my head after five years of growing my hair," the North Carolina product said Thursday.
Call it whichever you want: Respect for his hairstyle or respect for his high draft status. However, Cooper said, Cardinals veterans may get to him in other ways.
"If they want to shave my eyebrows, dye it blonde or do some funny facial hair, that's fine," he said. "I mean, it's all in good fun and everybody's had to go through it, so it's no big deal."
Andrew Gilstrap, Web Content Editor - KTAR.com/ArizonaSports.com
- Able to walk again, Arizona Cardinals' Jonathan Cooper takes another step toward return
- NFL.com writer: Cardinals safety Tyrann Mathieu front-runner for Defensive Rookie of the Year honor
- Notes from the Nest: Arizona Cardinals practice - Dec. 4
- Tight ends torching Arizona Cardinals' defense, but it's not as bad as you think
- Eagles' CB on Arizona Cardinals: 'Let's not be crybabies'
- NFL Power Poll - Week 14 - Wednesday December 4Doug & Wolf debate which teams are top 5 in the NFL
- Daryl Johnston, Fox NFL Analyst - Tuesday December 3What were his takeaways from the Cardinals loss to Philadelphia?
- Bruce Arians- Arizona Cardinals Head Coach - Monday December 2Bruce Arians discusses the poor officiating Sunday against the Eagles.
- Bickley Blast 12-2-13 - Monday December 2Bickley Blast: Cardinals officials
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Monday December 2A look at what unfolded between the Cardinals and Eagles in Philadelphia.