Veteran Yeremiah Bell believes in Arizona Cardinals
The veteran's first season with the Arizona Cardinals will be his 10th, and this training camp is his third with a different team in the last three years.
Prior to signing with the Cardinals, he had spent the previous season with the New York with the Jets and the eight before that with the Miami Dolphins.
New coaches, new teammates, new defensive scheme. Well, sort of, because Bell spent time under Cardinals defensive coordinator Todd Bowles when the two were in Miami.
"It's a pressure defense, multiple looks," Bell told Arizona Sports 620's Bickley with Marotta about Bowles' style. "Coach Bowles likes to get after people.
"It's a good scheme. I think guys will have fun."
Bell believes the defense, which finished 12th in yards allowed, 17th in points surrendered and fourth in takeaways in 2012, will have more success in 2013 as long as everyone gets the mental aspect of the scheme down.
Furthermore, he's very confident that the Cardinals, who won just five games last season, will be much improved this time around.
"I think we're going to be a very good football team, I really do," he said. "Just from watching us at practice, the way we work.
"Coach Arians coming in and just getting his message across and guys buying in."
Bell says the team has bought in, which is one of the most important aspects of a franchise turning things around.
"Guys buying into the message, going out there working hard every day trying to get it right," he added. "If we do those things and continue to get better every day, we'll be a good football team."
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander defends Daniel Snyder but thinks Redskins should change name
- New Arizona Cardinals defensive lineman Isaac Sopoaga thrown right into the mix
- Arizona Cardinals' Tyrann Mathieu practices for the first time this season
- Arizona Cardinals sign a pair of defensive linemen
- All-Access with Arians: Dockett to have surgery, Mathieu and Ta'amu back
- Lyle Sendlein, Cardinals center - Wednesday August 20Lyle Sendlein talks about coming back from his injury and the loss of Darnell Dockett.
- Jake Plummer- Former Cardinals and Sun Devils quarterback - Wednesday August 20Jake Plummer says Johnny Manziel is just passionate about the game of football.
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Wednesday August 20Lorenzo Alexander discusses having to step up to fill the voids left by injuries and free agents lea
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday August 20The NFL has a new problem on their hands, and it has to do with the Redskins.
- Larry Fitzgerald, AZ Cardinals WR - Wednesday August 20Doug & Wolf ask Fitz about the Cardinals offense and about his future in Arizona.