Veteran Yeremiah Bell believes in Arizona Cardinals
The veteran's first season with the Arizona Cardinals will be his 10th, and this training camp is his third with a different team in the last three years.
Prior to signing with the Cardinals, he had spent the previous season with the New York with the Jets and the eight before that with the Miami Dolphins.
New coaches, new teammates, new defensive scheme. Well, sort of, because Bell spent time under Cardinals defensive coordinator Todd Bowles when the two were in Miami.
"It's a pressure defense, multiple looks," Bell told Arizona Sports 620's Bickley with Marotta about Bowles' style. "Coach Bowles likes to get after people.
"It's a good scheme. I think guys will have fun."
Bell believes the defense, which finished 12th in yards allowed, 17th in points surrendered and fourth in takeaways in 2012, will have more success in 2013 as long as everyone gets the mental aspect of the scheme down.
Furthermore, he's very confident that the Cardinals, who won just five games last season, will be much improved this time around.
"I think we're going to be a very good football team, I really do," he said. "Just from watching us at practice, the way we work.
"Coach Arians coming in and just getting his message across and guys buying in."
Bell says the team has bought in, which is one of the most important aspects of a franchise turning things around.
"Guys buying into the message, going out there working hard every day trying to get it right," he added. "If we do those things and continue to get better every day, we'll be a good football team."
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Arizona Cardinals teammates react to Patrick Peterson's contract extension
- Patrick Peterson's new contract compared to other top NFL cornerbacks
- Notes from the Nest: July 29, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals, Patrick Peterson agree on extension
- Arizona Cardinals' Deone Bucannon supplies the highlight of Tuesday's practice
- Justin Bethel, Cardinals cornerback - Tuesday July 29Justin Bethel discusses his role on special teams and how training camp has gone so far.
- Pete Prisco, Senior NFL Columnist - Tuesday July 29Senior NFL columnist for CBS Pete Prisco shares his thoughts on how the Cardinals stack against othe
- Stepfan Taylor, Cardinals running back - Tuesday July 29Cardinals running back Stepfan Taylor talks training camp and his expanded role on offense.
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Monday July 28Lorenzo Alexander gives his take on replacing Daryl Washington and praises former teammate London Fl
- Darren Urban, Arizona Cardinals reporter - Monday July 28Cardinals reporter Darren Urban discusses team improvements and which player he thinks will have a b