Rams' Dunbar suspended 4 games for PED violation
ST. LOUIS (AP) - St. Louis Rams starting linebacker Jo-Lonn Dunbar has been suspended four games for violating the NFL's policy on performance-enhancing drugs.
Dunbar, who was second on the team with 157 tackles last season, is able to participate in all team activities prior to suspension, which begins with the season-opening game against Arizona.
He will be able to practice and play in all exhibition contests.
Dunbar will also miss games against Atlanta, Dallas and San Francisco.
The 6-foot, 235-pounder Dunbar is the second St. Louis player suspended by the league this season. Running back Isaiah Pead will miss the opening game for violation of the substance abuse policy.
Dunbar had 4.5 sacks last season.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Wolf's NFL 5 Star Games - Week 14 - Friday December 6The must-see NFL games of the weekend.
- Wolf's Film Room - Friday December 6Ron Wolfley grinds film all week and shares his findings in the Cardinals-Rams match-up
- John Clayton, ESPN NFL Insider - Friday December 6The Professor provides insight into this week's NFL headlines
- Ron Jaworski, ESPN NFL Analyst - Thursday December 5A recap of the Cardinals game in Philly and what to expect against the Rams.
- Craig Wolfley, Steelers Sideline Analyst - Thursday December 5Will Ben Roethlisberger leave the Steelers?