Fight for your right -- to play
One thing stood out among all others: the message was heard loud and clear. Your job is in jeopardy.
Daryn Colledge has done very little this camp due to injury. All through camp, he had to listen to the coaching staff talk about Paul Fanaika. In the game against Green Bay, Fanaika made enough plays to show he's ready to take the spot from Colledge. Monday morning on our show, GM Steve Keim told Cardinals fans how well Fanaika played and gave some reasons why he thought Fanaika is playing good football. Today was the day Colledge had heard enough.
Colledge did not practice Monday like a man who won a ring and a big contract. Colledge practiced like a man who knew his starting job hung in the balance. Colledge ran with the first team on Monday. In some cases, he ran over what was in front of him.
Levi Brown was similar. Patrick Peterson was on offense. He took a fake handoff on an end-around. Palmer then faked a screen to the side vacated by Peterson's motion. Wheeling around, Palmer hit Peterson on a throw-back screen with Brown leading. Instead of meandering along the sidewalk, since his job required him to run along the numbers, Brown targeted anyone on the sidewalk to punish.
Two players who have felt very comfortable with their job security the last couple years, had one practice where they were making others feel uncomfortable.
Doug Franz, Co-host of Doug & Wolf
- Arizona Cardinals president Michael Bidwill on schedule: NFL 'gave us a lot of respect'
- Arizona Cardinals' 2014 schedule released
- Arizona Cardinals to host Big Red Rib & Music Festival
- Arizona Cardinals' Daryl Washington now has a two-strike count on him
- NFL Draft '14: A closer look at Alabama QB A.J. McCarron
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals president - Thursday April 24What goes into the Cardinalsí draft preparation?
- Mark Schlereth, ESPN NFL analyst - Tuesday April 22ESPN NFL analyst Mark Schlereth talks about the NFL Draft.
- Terry McDonough, Cardinals VP of player personnel - Tuesday April 22Who will the Cardinals draft with their first-round pick?
- Larry Fitzgerald, Cardinals wide receiver - Tuesday April 22How are the Cardinals getting better in the offseason?
- Derek Carr- Fresno State quarterback - Monday April 21Fresno State quarterback Derek Carr talks about the NFL Draft.