Fight for your right -- to play
One thing stood out among all others: the message was heard loud and clear. Your job is in jeopardy.
Daryn Colledge has done very little this camp due to injury. All through camp, he had to listen to the coaching staff talk about Paul Fanaika. In the game against Green Bay, Fanaika made enough plays to show he's ready to take the spot from Colledge. Monday morning on our show, GM Steve Keim told Cardinals fans how well Fanaika played and gave some reasons why he thought Fanaika is playing good football. Today was the day Colledge had heard enough.
Colledge did not practice Monday like a man who won a ring and a big contract. Colledge practiced like a man who knew his starting job hung in the balance. Colledge ran with the first team on Monday. In some cases, he ran over what was in front of him.
Levi Brown was similar. Patrick Peterson was on offense. He took a fake handoff on an end-around. Palmer then faked a screen to the side vacated by Peterson's motion. Wheeling around, Palmer hit Peterson on a throw-back screen with Brown leading. Instead of meandering along the sidewalk, since his job required him to run along the numbers, Brown targeted anyone on the sidewalk to punish.
Two players who have felt very comfortable with their job security the last couple years, had one practice where they were making others feel uncomfortable.
Doug Franz, Co-host of Doug & Wolf
- Arizona Cardinals begin camp with confidence and optimism
- Arizona Cardinals' Tyrann Mathieu takes another step closer to returning to the field
- Cardinals ILB Kevin Minter on trying to replace Karlos Dansby: 'It's going to be like college again'
- Carson Palmer: Arizona Cardinals need to run the football to win in the NFC West
- Carson Palmer: Arizona Cardinals are 'completely different team' from last year
- Kent Somers- AZCentral Sports - Friday July 25AZCentral Sports Cardinals beat writer Kent Somers discusses some of the challenges facing the Cardi
- Kevin Minter-Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 25Arizona Cardinals linebacker Kevin Minter discusses his new role this upcoming season.
- Bickley Blast - Friday July 25The Cardinals kick off training camp with high expectations.
- Impromptu Power Poll - Friday July 25What are the top 5 position battles for the AZ Cardinals heading into training camp?
- Carson Palmer, AZ Cardinals QB - Friday July 25Cardinals QB Carson Palmer describes the key to this offense winning games.