Fight for your right -- to play
One thing stood out among all others: the message was heard loud and clear. Your job is in jeopardy.
Daryn Colledge has done very little this camp due to injury. All through camp, he had to listen to the coaching staff talk about Paul Fanaika. In the game against Green Bay, Fanaika made enough plays to show he's ready to take the spot from Colledge. Monday morning on our show, GM Steve Keim told Cardinals fans how well Fanaika played and gave some reasons why he thought Fanaika is playing good football. Today was the day Colledge had heard enough.
Colledge did not practice Monday like a man who won a ring and a big contract. Colledge practiced like a man who knew his starting job hung in the balance. Colledge ran with the first team on Monday. In some cases, he ran over what was in front of him.
Levi Brown was similar. Patrick Peterson was on offense. He took a fake handoff on an end-around. Palmer then faked a screen to the side vacated by Peterson's motion. Wheeling around, Palmer hit Peterson on a throw-back screen with Brown leading. Instead of meandering along the sidewalk, since his job required him to run along the numbers, Brown targeted anyone on the sidewalk to punish.
Two players who have felt very comfortable with their job security the last couple years, had one practice where they were making others feel uncomfortable.
Doug Franz, Co-host of Doug & Wolf
- Arizona Cardinals linebacker John Abraham's three-sack day puts him in historic company
- Larry Fitzgerald's big day leads Arizona Cardinals to win over St. Louis Rams
- Karlos Dansby continues happy homecoming with Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals' quarterback Carson Palmer shines in win over St. Louis Rams
- Arizona Cardinals fear Tyrann Mathieu suffered ACL injury in win over Rams
- Wolf's NFL 5 Star Games - Week 14 - Friday December 6The must-see NFL games of the weekend.
- Wolf's Film Room - Friday December 6Ron Wolfley grinds film all week and shares his findings in the Cardinals-Rams match-up
- John Clayton, ESPN NFL Insider - Friday December 6The Professor provides insight into this week's NFL headlines
- Ron Jaworski, ESPN NFL Analyst - Thursday December 5A recap of the Cardinals game in Philly and what to expect against the Rams.
- Craig Wolfley, Steelers Sideline Analyst - Thursday December 5Will Ben Roethlisberger leave the Steelers?