Updated Aug 9, 2013 - 7:24 pm
Carson Palmer looks good in Arizona Cardinals debut vs. Green Bay Packers
The veteran quarterback, in his first game action for the team, completed 4-of-6 passes for 77 yards and one touchdown, which came on a 38-yard pass to Andre Roberts.
"I felt okay," Palmer said. "It is great to be back out there and this is a great place to start the season off. The history and everything here is just awesome. But it was good to be back out there. I just need to keep working, keep getting better and keep grinding."
Palmer also completed two passes to Larry Fitzgerald for 21 yards and one pass to Michael Floyd for 18 yards, but it was the throw to Roberts that will stand out.
One play after a Patrick Peterson interception, Palmer dropped back and had enough time to find his receiver down the field. The ball was perfectly placed over Roberts' outside shoulder, with the receiver making the grab and taking a few more steps before reaching the end zone.
"We had a couple of opportunities to take advantage of [the deep ball] and I think we were 2-for-3 in taking shots down the field," said Palmer. "Obviously you want to be 3-for-3 but if they are going to give us those opportunities we are going to take advantage of them. We need to hit those every time we get a chance."
Palmer, who played in three series, finished with a quarterback rating of 149.3.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Arizona Cardinals place Tyrann Mathieu and Alameda Ta'amu on PUP list
- Cardinals receive 'B' offseason grade from USA Today
- NFL.com's Rosenthal: Calais Campbell among NFL's most underrated players
- Arizona Cardinals' Andre Ellington tops ESPN list of breakout candidates
- Ron Jaworski: Arizona Cardinals' Carson Palmer 20th-best QB in NFL
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday July 22ESPN NFL insider Mike Sando gives updates from around the NFC West as teams head into training camp.
- Lorenzo Alexander, AZ Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 18Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander talks about team expectations for 2014.
- John McClain, Houston Chronicle sportswriter - Friday July 11Houston Chronicle sportswriter John McClain talks about the Rockets’ offseason.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Friday June 20Keim discusses his players progress so far and his anticipation of future signings.