Updated Aug 9, 2013 - 7:24 pm
Carson Palmer looks good in Arizona Cardinals debut vs. Green Bay Packers
The veteran quarterback, in his first game action for the team, completed 4-of-6 passes for 77 yards and one touchdown, which came on a 38-yard pass to Andre Roberts.
"I felt okay," Palmer said. "It is great to be back out there and this is a great place to start the season off. The history and everything here is just awesome. But it was good to be back out there. I just need to keep working, keep getting better and keep grinding."
Palmer also completed two passes to Larry Fitzgerald for 21 yards and one pass to Michael Floyd for 18 yards, but it was the throw to Roberts that will stand out.
One play after a Patrick Peterson interception, Palmer dropped back and had enough time to find his receiver down the field. The ball was perfectly placed over Roberts' outside shoulder, with the receiver making the grab and taking a few more steps before reaching the end zone.
"We had a couple of opportunities to take advantage of [the deep ball] and I think we were 2-for-3 in taking shots down the field," said Palmer. "Obviously you want to be 3-for-3 but if they are going to give us those opportunities we are going to take advantage of them. We need to hit those every time we get a chance."
Palmer, who played in three series, finished with a quarterback rating of 149.3.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Cardinals rookie receiver John Brown doing more than relying on physical talents in training camp
- All-Access with Bruce Arians: Brown sits out, Starks adds depth, Abraham will be in camp 'soon'
- Arizona Cardinals sign rookie free agent LB Derrell Johnson
- Arizona Cardinals bring in veteran Max Starks for depth, not to replace Bobby Massie
- Arizona Cardinals sign tackle Max Starks, release two
- Tony Jefferson, Arizona Cardinals safety - Friday August 1Arizona Cardinals’ safety Tony Jefferson discusses training camp improvements.
- Bob McManaman, azcentral sports writer - Friday August 1azcentral sports writer Bob McManaman joins the show at Cardinals training camp.
- John Brown, Cardinals wide receiver - Friday August 1Cardinals rookie wide receiver John Brown says he is different from other rookies.
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 1Are the fortunes of the Arizona Cardinals changing?
- Doug & Wolf Impromptu Power Poll - Friday August 1Doug & Wolf's top 5 things to look for at Cardinals' Fan Fest.