Updated Aug 9, 2013 - 7:24 pm
Carson Palmer looks good in Arizona Cardinals debut vs. Green Bay Packers
The veteran quarterback, in his first game action for the team, completed 4-of-6 passes for 77 yards and one touchdown, which came on a 38-yard pass to Andre Roberts.
"I felt okay," Palmer said. "It is great to be back out there and this is a great place to start the season off. The history and everything here is just awesome. But it was good to be back out there. I just need to keep working, keep getting better and keep grinding."
Palmer also completed two passes to Larry Fitzgerald for 21 yards and one pass to Michael Floyd for 18 yards, but it was the throw to Roberts that will stand out.
One play after a Patrick Peterson interception, Palmer dropped back and had enough time to find his receiver down the field. The ball was perfectly placed over Roberts' outside shoulder, with the receiver making the grab and taking a few more steps before reaching the end zone.
"We had a couple of opportunities to take advantage of [the deep ball] and I think we were 2-for-3 in taking shots down the field," said Palmer. "Obviously you want to be 3-for-3 but if they are going to give us those opportunities we are going to take advantage of them. We need to hit those every time we get a chance."
Palmer, who played in three series, finished with a quarterback rating of 149.3.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Steve Keim, Cardinals GM - Friday April 18Will the Cardinals draft a quarterback?
- John McClain, NFL insider - Thursday April 17Who will the Texans draft?
- Daniel Jeremiah, NFL.com writer - Tuesday April 15NFL.com writer Daniel Jeremiah talks about the NFL draft.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Tuesday April 15Which quarterback will be taken first in the NFL Draft?
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals' president - Wednesday April 9Cardinals president Michael Bidwill discuses the getting the 2015 NFL Pro Bowl.