Updated Aug 9, 2013 - 7:24 pm
Carson Palmer looks good in Arizona Cardinals debut vs. Green Bay Packers
The veteran quarterback, in his first game action for the team, completed 4-of-6 passes for 77 yards and one touchdown, which came on a 38-yard pass to Andre Roberts.
"I felt okay," Palmer said. "It is great to be back out there and this is a great place to start the season off. The history and everything here is just awesome. But it was good to be back out there. I just need to keep working, keep getting better and keep grinding."
Palmer also completed two passes to Larry Fitzgerald for 21 yards and one pass to Michael Floyd for 18 yards, but it was the throw to Roberts that will stand out.
One play after a Patrick Peterson interception, Palmer dropped back and had enough time to find his receiver down the field. The ball was perfectly placed over Roberts' outside shoulder, with the receiver making the grab and taking a few more steps before reaching the end zone.
"We had a couple of opportunities to take advantage of [the deep ball] and I think we were 2-for-3 in taking shots down the field," said Palmer. "Obviously you want to be 3-for-3 but if they are going to give us those opportunities we are going to take advantage of them. We need to hit those every time we get a chance."
Palmer, who played in three series, finished with a quarterback rating of 149.3.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Arizona Cardinals training camp: All-Access with Bruce Arians - July 29, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals rookie John Brown continues to impress while ignoring the hype
- Arizona Cardinals center Lyle Sendlein to miss 3 weeks after suffering calf injury
- John Brown is like…
- Arizona Cardinals training camp -- Monday observations
- Pete Prisco, Senior NFL Columnist - Tuesday July 29Senior NFL columnist for CBS Pete Prisco shares his thoughts on how the Cardinals stack against othe
- Stepfan Taylor, Cardinals running back - Tuesday July 29Cardinals running back Stepfan Taylor talks training camp and his expanded role on offense.
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Monday July 28Lorenzo Alexander gives his take on replacing Daryl Washington and praises former teammate London Fl
- Darren Urban, Arizona Cardinals reporter - Monday July 28Cardinals reporter Darren Urban discusses team improvements and which player he thinks will have a b
- Antonio Cromartie, Cardinals defensive back - Monday July 28Antonio Cromartie talks about his expectations for this year's Arizona Cardinals.