Updated Aug 9, 2013 - 7:24 pm
Carson Palmer looks good in Arizona Cardinals debut vs. Green Bay Packers
The veteran quarterback, in his first game action for the team, completed 4-of-6 passes for 77 yards and one touchdown, which came on a 38-yard pass to Andre Roberts.
"I felt okay," Palmer said. "It is great to be back out there and this is a great place to start the season off. The history and everything here is just awesome. But it was good to be back out there. I just need to keep working, keep getting better and keep grinding."
Palmer also completed two passes to Larry Fitzgerald for 21 yards and one pass to Michael Floyd for 18 yards, but it was the throw to Roberts that will stand out.
One play after a Patrick Peterson interception, Palmer dropped back and had enough time to find his receiver down the field. The ball was perfectly placed over Roberts' outside shoulder, with the receiver making the grab and taking a few more steps before reaching the end zone.
"We had a couple of opportunities to take advantage of [the deep ball] and I think we were 2-for-3 in taking shots down the field," said Palmer. "Obviously you want to be 3-for-3 but if they are going to give us those opportunities we are going to take advantage of them. We need to hit those every time we get a chance."
Palmer, who played in three series, finished with a quarterback rating of 149.3.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Injury Report: St. Louis Rams at Arizona Cardinals
- Able to walk again, Arizona Cardinals' Jonathan Cooper takes another step toward return
- NFL.com writer: Cardinals safety Tyrann Mathieu front-runner for Defensive Rookie of the Year honor
- Notes from the Nest: Arizona Cardinals practice - Dec. 4
- Tight ends torching Arizona Cardinals' defense, but it's not as bad as you think
- NFL Power Poll - Week 14 - Wednesday December 4Doug & Wolf debate which teams are top 5 in the NFL
- Daryl Johnston, Fox NFL Analyst - Tuesday December 3What were his takeaways from the Cardinals loss to Philadelphia?
- Bruce Arians- Arizona Cardinals Head Coach - Monday December 2Bruce Arians discusses the poor officiating Sunday against the Eagles.
- Bickley Blast 12-2-13 - Monday December 2Bickley Blast: Cardinals officials
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Monday December 2A look at what unfolded between the Cardinals and Eagles in Philadelphia.