Cardinals' Lyle Sendlein likes what he sees out of rookie Jonathan Cooper
Third-round draft pick Tyrann Mathieu is garnering the most attention, and rightfully so with the playmaking abilities he has shown thus far in camp.
With the focus being put on Mathieu and other rookies such as linebacker Kevin Minter, first round pick Jonathan Cooper has flown under the radar.
Fellow offensive lineman Lyle Sendlein is one person who has noticed the guard's ability to become a great player.
"He deserved to be picked that high," Sendlein told Arizona Sports 620's Burns and Gambo on Wednesday. "He has the work ethic to be a great player in this league."
Cooper was the seventh overall pick in April's NFL Draft out of North Carolina and is projected to be the opening day starter at left guard for the Cardinals.
Sendlein sees many traits in Cooper that he's not seen in many offensive linemen out of college.
"Tough for a guy to come out of college with so many attributes," Sendlein stated. "He has good hands, great feet, and is strong.
"He is really strong in the weight room and it translates to the field. He has short quick steps and is smart."
- Steve Tasker, NFL Analyst - Wednesday December 11Tasker discusses Carson Palmer, Tyrann Mathieu and what's going on with the Redskins.
- John Abraham, AZ Cardinals - Monday December 9Abraham discusses his outstanding game, his record career and how long he plans to play.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Monday December 9The Cardinals get a huge division win, but lose a huge piece to their defense.
- Wolf's NFL 5 Star Games - Week 14 - Friday December 6The must-see NFL games of the weekend.
- Wolf's Film Room - Friday December 6Ron Wolfley grinds film all week and shares his findings in the Cardinals-Rams match-up