Cardinals' Lyle Sendlein likes what he sees out of rookie Jonathan Cooper
Third-round draft pick Tyrann Mathieu is garnering the most attention, and rightfully so with the playmaking abilities he has shown thus far in camp.
With the focus being put on Mathieu and other rookies such as linebacker Kevin Minter, first round pick Jonathan Cooper has flown under the radar.
Fellow offensive lineman Lyle Sendlein is one person who has noticed the guard's ability to become a great player.
"He deserved to be picked that high," Sendlein told Arizona Sports 620's Burns and Gambo on Wednesday. "He has the work ethic to be a great player in this league."
Cooper was the seventh overall pick in April's NFL Draft out of North Carolina and is projected to be the opening day starter at left guard for the Cardinals.
Sendlein sees many traits in Cooper that he's not seen in many offensive linemen out of college.
"Tough for a guy to come out of college with so many attributes," Sendlein stated. "He has good hands, great feet, and is strong.
"He is really strong in the weight room and it translates to the field. He has short quick steps and is smart."
- Cardinals WR Michael Floyd on 2014 training camp: 'Everything comes faster'
- Teddy Williams looking to make Arizona Cardinals as a cornerback
- Arizona Cardinals' Bobby Massie eager to earn back starting job at right tackle
- A 'confident' Andre Ellington excited about increased role with Arizona Cardinals
- All-Access with Bruce Arians: Fighting not tolerated in Cardinals camp
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Monday July 28Lorenzo Alexander gives his take on replacing Daryl Washington and praises former teammate London Fl
- Darren Urban, Arizona Cardinals reporter - Monday July 28Cardinals reporter Darren Urban discusses team improvements and which player he thinks will have a b
- Antonio Cromartie, Cardinals defensive back - Monday July 28Antonio Cromartie talks about his expectations for this year's Arizona Cardinals.
- Bruce Arians, Cardinals head coach - Monday July 28Cardinals coach Bruce Arians talks about the first days of training camp and what he's seen from pl
- Dave Pasch, Voice of the Arizona Cardinals - Monday July 28The voice of the Cardinals Dave Pasch shares his first impressions of training camp.