Arizona Cardinals tight end Rob Housler looks to take advantage of new opportunities
But besides players, where the group would appear to be more talented, the change in scheme may be one of the most noticeable aspects.
Because while former head coach Ken Whisenhunt and new coach Bruce Arians each have a history running the Pittsburgh Steelers' offense, their styles vary.
A guest of Arizona Sports 620's Bickley with Marotta Show Tuesday, tight end Robert Housler said besides certain league-wide concepts the coaches shared, there is one key difference in how the coaches approach the offensive side of the ball.
"The biggest difference would be just the down-field, kind of 'attack-mode' he's in a lot," Housler said.
Housler is heading into his third NFL season, and that style of offense could lead to a big year from from the former Florida Atlantic star.
The 6-foot-5, 250-pound player is the owner of just 57 career catches for 550 yards and zero touchdowns, but his combination of size and speed has many believing he's poised for a breakout season.
"You've just got to look at it as a big opportunity, with this offense," Housler said of such talk. "Every NFL Sunday is an opportunity, so every day, every weekend you go out there and just try to do the best you can.
"And I think this offense gives you a good opportunity, so the opportunity is there."
That's not to say Housler has not had opportunities to make plays in the past. Whether due to him dropping a pass or passes being nearly uncatchable, the offense's struggles have done nothing to help the tight end make plays.
But with veteran Carson Palmer under center, Housler is confident things will turn around, for both him and the team.
"It was really frustrating; it was kind of something you built on all offseason, knowing you have sparks of hope here and there, and you just want to capitalize on it. That's what it's about."
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Paul Fanaika, Arizona Cardinals offensive guard - Wednesday July 30The Arizona Cardinals’ offensive guard Paul Fanaika joins the show to discuss training camp.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Wednesday July 30NFL Network analyst Kurt Warner discusses Arizona Cardinals' training camp.
- Patrick Peterson, Arizona Cardinals cornerback - Wednesday July 30Arizona Cardinals' defensive cornerback Patrick Peterson discusses his new contract extension.
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Wednesday July 30Johnny Manziel struggles in practice.
- Pete Prisco- CBS NFL Analyst - Wednesday July 30Pete Prisco talks about the top cornerbacks in the NFL.