Sam Acho says defense 'getting more comfortable'
"Everything picks up when it's game week," linebacker Sam Acho said Monday. "We are playing the Packers and one of the best quarterbacks in the NFL, so we are excited to play someone other than the Cardinals."
Head coach Bruce Arians said on Monday that starters can expect to play 15 snaps on Friday, which Acho says is enough.
"Fifteen plays will be good early on, obviously we have four preseason games, so that will be a lot of time for us to get acclimated this game and next week and the week after until week four of the preseason," Acho said.
Acho, who was listed as the starting outside linebacker in the team's initial depth chart, thinks players are starting to get comfortable in defensive coordinator's Todd Bowles defense.
"We are definitely getting more comfortable," Acho said. "We had a walk-thru this morning and it was cool to see everyone getting more acclimated, people talking more.
"One thing that you will notice is that when you start understanding the defense, you will talk more."
The linebacker from Texas has 11 career sacks and two interceptions as he enters his third season in the league.
- John McClain, NFL insider - Thursday April 17Who will the Texans draft?
- Daniel Jeremiah, NFL.com writer - Tuesday April 15NFL.com writer Daniel Jeremiah talks about the NFL draft.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Tuesday April 15Which quarterback will be taken first in the NFL Draft?
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals' president - Wednesday April 9Cardinals president Michael Bidwill discuses the getting the 2015 NFL Pro Bowl.
- Roger Kingdom, Arizona Cardinals' Speed Coach - Monday April 7Roger Kingdom talks about translating muscle gained to the field without slowing the players down.