Sam Acho says defense 'getting more comfortable'
"Everything picks up when it's game week," linebacker Sam Acho said Monday. "We are playing the Packers and one of the best quarterbacks in the NFL, so we are excited to play someone other than the Cardinals."
Head coach Bruce Arians said on Monday that starters can expect to play 15 snaps on Friday, which Acho says is enough.
"Fifteen plays will be good early on, obviously we have four preseason games, so that will be a lot of time for us to get acclimated this game and next week and the week after until week four of the preseason," Acho said.
Acho, who was listed as the starting outside linebacker in the team's initial depth chart, thinks players are starting to get comfortable in defensive coordinator's Todd Bowles defense.
"We are definitely getting more comfortable," Acho said. "We had a walk-thru this morning and it was cool to see everyone getting more acclimated, people talking more.
"One thing that you will notice is that when you start understanding the defense, you will talk more."
The linebacker from Texas has 11 career sacks and two interceptions as he enters his third season in the league.
- Arizona Cardinals' OC: Rashard Mendenhall 'back to what I remember' from Pittsburgh
- Notes from the Nest: Arizona Cardinals practice - Dec. 5
- Arizona Cardinals' Jay Feely feels a responsibility to help others
- Arizona Cardinals' O-line faces familiar challenge in St. Louis Rams' Robert Quinn
- Injury Report: St. Louis Rams at Arizona Cardinals
- Ron Jaworski, ESPN NFL Analyst - Thursday December 5A recap of the Cardinals game in Philly and what to expect against the Rams.
- Craig Wolfley, Steelers Sideline Analyst - Thursday December 5Will Ben Roethlisberger leave the Steelers?
- NFL Power Poll - Week 14 - Wednesday December 4Doug & Wolf debate which teams are top 5 in the NFL
- Daryl Johnston, Fox NFL Analyst - Tuesday December 3What were his takeaways from the Cardinals loss to Philadelphia?
- Bruce Arians- Arizona Cardinals Head Coach - Monday December 2Bruce Arians discusses the poor officiating Sunday against the Eagles.