Sam Acho says defense 'getting more comfortable'
"Everything picks up when it's game week," linebacker Sam Acho said Monday. "We are playing the Packers and one of the best quarterbacks in the NFL, so we are excited to play someone other than the Cardinals."
Head coach Bruce Arians said on Monday that starters can expect to play 15 snaps on Friday, which Acho says is enough.
"Fifteen plays will be good early on, obviously we have four preseason games, so that will be a lot of time for us to get acclimated this game and next week and the week after until week four of the preseason," Acho said.
Acho, who was listed as the starting outside linebacker in the team's initial depth chart, thinks players are starting to get comfortable in defensive coordinator's Todd Bowles defense.
"We are definitely getting more comfortable," Acho said. "We had a walk-thru this morning and it was cool to see everyone getting more acclimated, people talking more.
"One thing that you will notice is that when you start understanding the defense, you will talk more."
The linebacker from Texas has 11 career sacks and two interceptions as he enters his third season in the league.
- Cardinals running back Rashard Mendenhall calls it quits in Huffington Post article
- NFL writer: Cardinals could turn attention to Jared Veldheer if Branden Albert heads to Dolphins
- PFT: All signs point to free agent tackle Albert signing with Dolphins
- Agent confirms Cardinals running back Rashard Mendenhall to retire
- Daryn Colledge tweets of his release from Cardinals
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.
- Jay Feely, Cardinals kicker - Thursday March 6Would a change to the extra point actually hinder player safety?
- Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer - Tuesday March 4Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer, discusses UA and ASU basketball.
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 3Get off Paul's Lawn!