Sam Acho says defense 'getting more comfortable'
"Everything picks up when it's game week," linebacker Sam Acho said Monday. "We are playing the Packers and one of the best quarterbacks in the NFL, so we are excited to play someone other than the Cardinals."
Head coach Bruce Arians said on Monday that starters can expect to play 15 snaps on Friday, which Acho says is enough.
"Fifteen plays will be good early on, obviously we have four preseason games, so that will be a lot of time for us to get acclimated this game and next week and the week after until week four of the preseason," Acho said.
Acho, who was listed as the starting outside linebacker in the team's initial depth chart, thinks players are starting to get comfortable in defensive coordinator's Todd Bowles defense.
"We are definitely getting more comfortable," Acho said. "We had a walk-thru this morning and it was cool to see everyone getting more acclimated, people talking more.
"One thing that you will notice is that when you start understanding the defense, you will talk more."
The linebacker from Texas has 11 career sacks and two interceptions as he enters his third season in the league.
- Rookie QB Logan Thomas largely ineffective in Cardinals preseason finale
- Cardinals WRs Brown, Golden and Powell fail to make case in final preseason game
- NFL.com predicts a couple of Arizona Cardinals will win awards
- Report: Arizona Cardinals negotiating contract with James Harrison
- Cardinals vs. Chargers preview: Final chance to make an impression
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Dave Pasch - Cardinals commentator - Tuesday August 26Dave Pasch thinks Michael Floyd is a number one receiving target.
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL Insider - Tuesday August 26Mike Sando takes us inside the NFL headlines.
- Who impressed/Who depressed - Monday August 25Vince praises Arizona's newest football dynasty.