Arizona Cardinals release first depth chart
No matter what it says, injuries and performances are likely to change things before the first regular season game.
However, that does not mean they can't be of some interest, and the first one released by the Arizona Cardinals certainly has parts that make you go "ooh."
Of note, Levi Brown is listed as the starter at left tackle while newcomer Eric Winston will start on the right side of the line. Second-year pro Michael Floyd is listed as the number two receiver ahead of Andre Roberts, and rookie Jonathan Cooper will be the starting left guard.
On defense, new linebackers Jasper Brinkley, Lorenzo Alexander and Karlos Dansby are all in the starting lineup, and in the secondary free agent pickup Jerraud Powers will start opposite Patrick Peterson.
The depth charts for both offense and defense can be seen by clicking on the photo to the left, with rookies' names underlined and injured players' names being in parenthesis. The special teams order is as follows:
Kicker: Jay Feely/Will Batson
Punter: Dave Zastudil/Will Batson
Long Snapper: Mike Leach/Alex Gottlieb
Holder: Dave Zastudil/Will Batson
Kick Returner: Javier Arenas/Alfonso Smith/Stepfan Taylor/Andre Ellington
Punt Returner: Patrick Peterson/Javier Arenas/Tyrann Mathieu/Charles Hawkins
- Steve Tasker, NFL Analyst - Wednesday December 11Tasker discusses Carson Palmer, Tyrann Mathieu and what's going on with the Redskins.
- John Abraham, AZ Cardinals - Monday December 9Abraham discusses his outstanding game, his record career and how long he plans to play.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Monday December 9The Cardinals get a huge division win, but lose a huge piece to their defense.
- Wolf's NFL 5 Star Games - Week 14 - Friday December 6The must-see NFL games of the weekend.
- Wolf's Film Room - Friday December 6Ron Wolfley grinds film all week and shares his findings in the Cardinals-Rams match-up