Arizona Cardinals release first depth chart
No matter what it says, injuries and performances are likely to change things before the first regular season game.
However, that does not mean they can't be of some interest, and the first one released by the Arizona Cardinals certainly has parts that make you go "ooh."
Of note, Levi Brown is listed as the starter at left tackle while newcomer Eric Winston will start on the right side of the line. Second-year pro Michael Floyd is listed as the number two receiver ahead of Andre Roberts, and rookie Jonathan Cooper will be the starting left guard.
On defense, new linebackers Jasper Brinkley, Lorenzo Alexander and Karlos Dansby are all in the starting lineup, and in the secondary free agent pickup Jerraud Powers will start opposite Patrick Peterson.
The depth charts for both offense and defense can be seen by clicking on the photo to the left, with rookies' names underlined and injured players' names being in parenthesis. The special teams order is as follows:
Kicker: Jay Feely/Will Batson
Punter: Dave Zastudil/Will Batson
Long Snapper: Mike Leach/Alex Gottlieb
Holder: Dave Zastudil/Will Batson
Kick Returner: Javier Arenas/Alfonso Smith/Stepfan Taylor/Andre Ellington
Punt Returner: Patrick Peterson/Javier Arenas/Tyrann Mathieu/Charles Hawkins
- Steve Keim, Cardinals GM - Friday April 18Will the Cardinals draft a quarterback?
- John McClain, NFL insider - Thursday April 17Who will the Texans draft?
- Daniel Jeremiah, NFL.com writer - Tuesday April 15NFL.com writer Daniel Jeremiah talks about the NFL draft.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Tuesday April 15Which quarterback will be taken first in the NFL Draft?
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals' president - Wednesday April 9Cardinals president Michael Bidwill discuses the getting the 2015 NFL Pro Bowl.