Arizona Cardinals release first depth chart
No matter what it says, injuries and performances are likely to change things before the first regular season game.
However, that does not mean they can't be of some interest, and the first one released by the Arizona Cardinals certainly has parts that make you go "ooh."
Of note, Levi Brown is listed as the starter at left tackle while newcomer Eric Winston will start on the right side of the line. Second-year pro Michael Floyd is listed as the number two receiver ahead of Andre Roberts, and rookie Jonathan Cooper will be the starting left guard.
On defense, new linebackers Jasper Brinkley, Lorenzo Alexander and Karlos Dansby are all in the starting lineup, and in the secondary free agent pickup Jerraud Powers will start opposite Patrick Peterson.
The depth charts for both offense and defense can be seen by clicking on the photo to the left, with rookies' names underlined and injured players' names being in parenthesis. The special teams order is as follows:
Kicker: Jay Feely/Will Batson
Punter: Dave Zastudil/Will Batson
Long Snapper: Mike Leach/Alex Gottlieb
Holder: Dave Zastudil/Will Batson
Kick Returner: Javier Arenas/Alfonso Smith/Stepfan Taylor/Andre Ellington
Punt Returner: Patrick Peterson/Javier Arenas/Tyrann Mathieu/Charles Hawkins
- Rookie QB Logan Thomas largely ineffective in Cardinals preseason finale
- Cardinals WRs Brown, Golden and Powell fail to make case in final preseason game
- NFL.com predicts a couple of Arizona Cardinals will win awards
- Report: Arizona Cardinals negotiating contract with James Harrison
- Cardinals vs. Chargers preview: Final chance to make an impression
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Dave Pasch - Cardinals commentator - Tuesday August 26Dave Pasch thinks Michael Floyd is a number one receiving target.
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL Insider - Tuesday August 26Mike Sando takes us inside the NFL headlines.
- Who impressed/Who depressed - Monday August 25Vince praises Arizona's newest football dynasty.