Updated Aug 2, 2013 - 6:40 pm
Arizona Cardinals' Dan Williams injures knee, ankle in training camp
Williams sprained his medial collateral ligament and his ankle during the first live tackling session of Cardinals training camp. He underwent an MRI, which revealed no major structural damage, said Cardinals head coach Bruce Arians.
Neither injury will require surgery. His ankle injury is considered more serious than that to his knee.
"It was scary just being rolled up on. And I'm thinking it's a torn something," Williams said Friday. "I'm just happy that the MRI came clean, and I'm glad I won't miss that much time."
He said he wants to play in the first preseason game against Green Bay next week, but he's going to listen to the team's trainers and see how rehabilitation goes before deciding to play or not. The knee injury alone normally would keep a player out three to four days, but the additional injury means he may need more time before hitting the field again.
Williams is entering his fourth NFL season. The 6-foot-3 nose tackle recorded a career-best 44 combined tackles in 2012, playing in 15 games for the Cardinals.
- Arizona Cardinals training camp -- Monday observations
- Report: Cardinals LB John Abraham arrested, charged with DUI in Georgia in June
- Notes from the Nest: July 28, 2014
- Cardinals' Jonathan Cooper: 'I felt OK' after first practice with pads
- Cardinals WR Michael Floyd on 2014 training camp: 'Everything comes faster'
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Monday July 28Lorenzo Alexander gives his take on replacing Daryl Washington and praises former teammate London Fl
- Darren Urban, Arizona Cardinals reporter - Monday July 28Cardinals reporter Darren Urban discusses team improvements and which player he thinks will have a b
- Antonio Cromartie, Cardinals defensive back - Monday July 28Antonio Cromartie talks about his expectations for this year's Arizona Cardinals.
- Bruce Arians, Cardinals head coach - Monday July 28Cardinals coach Bruce Arians talks about the first days of training camp and what he's seen from pl
- Dave Pasch, Voice of the Arizona Cardinals - Monday July 28The voice of the Cardinals Dave Pasch shares his first impressions of training camp.