Updated Aug 2, 2013 - 6:40 pm
Arizona Cardinals' Dan Williams injures knee, ankle in training camp
Williams sprained his medial collateral ligament and his ankle during the first live tackling session of Cardinals training camp. He underwent an MRI, which revealed no major structural damage, said Cardinals head coach Bruce Arians.
Neither injury will require surgery. His ankle injury is considered more serious than that to his knee.
"It was scary just being rolled up on. And I'm thinking it's a torn something," Williams said Friday. "I'm just happy that the MRI came clean, and I'm glad I won't miss that much time."
He said he wants to play in the first preseason game against Green Bay next week, but he's going to listen to the team's trainers and see how rehabilitation goes before deciding to play or not. The knee injury alone normally would keep a player out three to four days, but the additional injury means he may need more time before hitting the field again.
Williams is entering his fourth NFL season. The 6-foot-3 nose tackle recorded a career-best 44 combined tackles in 2012, playing in 15 games for the Cardinals.
- Arizona Cardinals begin camp with confidence and optimism
- Arizona Cardinals' Tyrann Mathieu takes another step closer to returning to the field
- Cardinals ILB Kevin Minter on trying to replace Karlos Dansby: 'It's going to be like college again'
- Carson Palmer: Arizona Cardinals need to run the football to win in the NFC West
- Carson Palmer: Arizona Cardinals are 'completely different team' from last year
- Kent Somers- AZCentral Sports - Friday July 25AZCentral Sports Cardinals beat writer Kent Somers discusses some of the challenges facing the Cardi
- Kevin Minter-Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 25Arizona Cardinals linebacker Kevin Minter discusses his new role this upcoming season.
- Bickley Blast - Friday July 25The Cardinals kick off training camp with high expectations.
- Impromptu Power Poll - Friday July 25What are the top 5 position battles for the AZ Cardinals heading into training camp?
- Carson Palmer, AZ Cardinals QB - Friday July 25Cardinals QB Carson Palmer describes the key to this offense winning games.