Updated Jul 30, 2013 - 9:43 pm
Kurt Warner sees similarities in Cardinals QB Carson Palmer
Arizona Cardinals quarterback Carson Palmer's career seems to be following the same trajectory as current NFL Network analyst Kurt Warner.
They both had success with their first teams, Warner won a Super Bowl with the St. Louis Rams in 2000 and Palmer led the Cincinnati Bengals to the team's first playoff appearance in 15 years in 2005.
After Warner's success with St. Louis, he went to New York to play for the Giants in 2004 where he lost his starting job midway through the year, while Palmer spent two injury-ridden and mediocre years in Oakland.
Warner talked about the similarities between himself and Arizona's new signal caller at Cardinals' practice on Tuesday.
"There is a lot of accurate comparisons with that," Warner stated. "The benefit for me is I wrote the last chapter and it went good for me.
"At the end of the day that is what people are going to remember."
Warner led the Cardinals to their lone Super Bowl appearance and two division titles before he retired in 2010.
Since Warner retired, the Cardinals have struggled to find his replacement at the position, and their failure to do so cost the old regime their jobs.
"People are excited about him," Warner said. "[Palmer] feels like he has a lot left and I hope he can resurrect this organization to where we were just a few years ago."
Last season, Palmer threw for over 4,000 yards with 22 touchdowns and 14 interceptions for the Raiders.
- Arizona Cardinals running back Jonathan Dwyer relishing opportunity in the desert
- Being first is an important step for the Arizona Cardinals
- Cardinals' Dockett: Peterson will 'definitely be a future Hall of Famer'
- Former Cardinals quarterback Kurt Warner thankful for patience of fans, organization
- Notes from the Nest: July 30, 2014
- Jonathan Dwyer, Arizona Cardinals RB - Friday August 1Cardinals RB Jonathan Dwyer talks about coming to a new team.
- Paul Fanaika, Arizona Cardinals offensive guard - Wednesday July 30The Arizona Cardinals’ offensive guard Paul Fanaika joins the show to discuss training camp.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Wednesday July 30NFL Network analyst Kurt Warner discusses Arizona Cardinals' training camp.
- Patrick Peterson, Arizona Cardinals cornerback - Wednesday July 30Arizona Cardinals' defensive cornerback Patrick Peterson discusses his new contract extension.
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Wednesday July 30Johnny Manziel struggles in practice.