Getting the O-line better
Arians told the media he was extremely upset with all the mental mistakes they were making. And if there is one position group that BA is going to be the toughest on, it's the O-line.
BA needs to set a new expectation for this group and he knows it; he needs to raise the bar, maybe even beyond their own expectation, and stay on them even when they progress. It's what coaches do. When they see movement, when they get improvement, they challenge players even more. When they slip up and stagger, they get both barrels, verbally.
But this is only part of the improvement equation and I am confident this offensive line will get better quickly. Not only do they have better talent (Jonathan Cooper, Eric Winston) and more experience up front (Bobby Massie, Nate Potter), but the competition across the board is just ridiculous!
You can coach a player up, and that helps. You can use words to motivate a player, and that's good. But nothing is going to make a player better quicker, and nothing is going to motivate a player as well as bringing somebody in that is as good if not better than said player. Competition is the best coach of all.
Ron Wolfley, Co-host of Doug & Wolf
- Report: Cardinals LB John Abraham arrested, charged with DUI in Georgia in June
- Notes from the Nest: July 28, 2014
- Cardinals' Jonathan Cooper: 'I felt OK' after first practice with pads
- Cardinals WR Michael Floyd on 2014 training camp: 'Everything comes faster'
- Teddy Williams looking to make Arizona Cardinals as a cornerback
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Monday July 28Lorenzo Alexander gives his take on replacing Daryl Washington and praises former teammate London Fl
- Darren Urban, Arizona Cardinals reporter - Monday July 28Cardinals reporter Darren Urban discusses team improvements and which player he thinks will have a b
- Antonio Cromartie, Cardinals defensive back - Monday July 28Antonio Cromartie talks about his expectations for this year's Arizona Cardinals.
- Bruce Arians, Cardinals head coach - Monday July 28Cardinals coach Bruce Arians talks about the first days of training camp and what he's seen from pl
- Dave Pasch, Voice of the Arizona Cardinals - Monday July 28The voice of the Cardinals Dave Pasch shares his first impressions of training camp.