Getting the O-line better
Arians told the media he was extremely upset with all the mental mistakes they were making. And if there is one position group that BA is going to be the toughest on, it's the O-line.
BA needs to set a new expectation for this group and he knows it; he needs to raise the bar, maybe even beyond their own expectation, and stay on them even when they progress. It's what coaches do. When they see movement, when they get improvement, they challenge players even more. When they slip up and stagger, they get both barrels, verbally.
But this is only part of the improvement equation and I am confident this offensive line will get better quickly. Not only do they have better talent (Jonathan Cooper, Eric Winston) and more experience up front (Bobby Massie, Nate Potter), but the competition across the board is just ridiculous!
You can coach a player up, and that helps. You can use words to motivate a player, and that's good. But nothing is going to make a player better quicker, and nothing is going to motivate a player as well as bringing somebody in that is as good if not better than said player. Competition is the best coach of all.
Ron Wolfley, Co-host of Doug & Wolf
- Cardinals' Dockett: Peterson will 'definitely be a future Hall of Famer'
- Former Cardinals quarterback Kurt Warner thankful for patience of fans, organization
- Notes from the Nest: July 30, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals to host Fan Fest this weekend
- All-Access with Bruce Arians: Extra points experiment will be fun, may add excitement
- Paul Fanaika, Arizona Cardinals offensive guard - Wednesday July 30The Arizona Cardinals’ offensive guard Paul Fanaika joins the show to discuss training camp.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Wednesday July 30NFL Network analyst Kurt Warner discusses Arizona Cardinals' training camp.
- Patrick Peterson, Arizona Cardinals cornerback - Wednesday July 30Arizona Cardinals' defensive cornerback Patrick Peterson discusses his new contract extension.
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Wednesday July 30Johnny Manziel struggles in practice.
- Pete Prisco- CBS NFL Analyst - Wednesday July 30Pete Prisco talks about the top cornerbacks in the NFL.