Karlos Dansby plans to take 'full advantage' of opportunity Arizona Cardinals are giving him
Dansby, who took his talents to South Beach after accumulating 558 total tackles, 25.5 sacks, 10 interceptions and nine fumble recoveries in six years with the Cardinals, bolted for the big dollars.
He played well in three seasons for the Dolphins, but neither he nor the Cardinals have made the postseason since his departure.
Dansby, 31, is excited to be back in the Valley.
"It's a great situation," he said. "Timing is perfect; everybody is excited. It's a new season."
The veteran linebacker was cut by the Dolphins, as they apparently felt his production was not commensurate to his salary.
However, he did tally a career-best 134 total tackles in 2012, which led the team. So, the linebacker-needy Cardinals were happy to bring 'Los back into the fold, albeit on a one-year deal.
"Like I never left," Dansby added. "It's real excitement to be back, and I'm blessed to have this opportunity.
"So I'm going to take full advantage of it."
How he will do that remains to be seen, as Dansby is not sure how the coaching staff plans on using him. At the very least, he's likely to start while Daryl Washington serves a four-game suspension to start the season.
"Whatever my role is going to be, I'm going to do it to the fullest," he said. "I'm going to have some fun doing it."
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Ron Jaworski: Arizona Cardinals' Carson Palmer 20th-best QB in NFL
- NFL.com writers: Arizona Cardinals' Larry Fitzgerald 'primed to regress in 2014'
- Arizona Cardinals' Lorenzo Alexander: Seattle Seahawks play championship game every week
- Arizona Cardinals' Larry Fitzgerald beats Seattle Seahawks' Earl Thomas, gets slimed anyway
- Arizona Cardinals ranked 11th in Pro Football Talk's preseason power rankings
- Lorenzo Alexander, AZ Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 18Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander talks about team expectations for 2014.
- John McClain, Houston Chronicle sportswriter - Friday July 11Houston Chronicle sportswriter John McClain talks about the Rockets’ offseason.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Friday June 20Keim discusses his players progress so far and his anticipation of future signings.
- Kurt Warner, former AZ Cardinals QB - Thursday June 19How does he feel about being inducted into Cardinals' Ring of Honor?
- Kurt Warner- Former Cardinals QB - Wednesday June 18Former Cardinals quarterback Kurt Warner talks about being inducted into the Ring of Honor.