Karlos Dansby plans to take 'full advantage' of opportunity Arizona Cardinals are giving him
Dansby, who took his talents to South Beach after accumulating 558 total tackles, 25.5 sacks, 10 interceptions and nine fumble recoveries in six years with the Cardinals, bolted for the big dollars.
He played well in three seasons for the Dolphins, but neither he nor the Cardinals have made the postseason since his departure.
Dansby, 31, is excited to be back in the Valley.
"It's a great situation," he said. "Timing is perfect; everybody is excited. It's a new season."
The veteran linebacker was cut by the Dolphins, as they apparently felt his production was not commensurate to his salary.
However, he did tally a career-best 134 total tackles in 2012, which led the team. So, the linebacker-needy Cardinals were happy to bring 'Los back into the fold, albeit on a one-year deal.
"Like I never left," Dansby added. "It's real excitement to be back, and I'm blessed to have this opportunity.
"So I'm going to take full advantage of it."
How he will do that remains to be seen, as Dansby is not sure how the coaching staff plans on using him. At the very least, he's likely to start while Daryl Washington serves a four-game suspension to start the season.
"Whatever my role is going to be, I'm going to do it to the fullest," he said. "I'm going to have some fun doing it."
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Arizona Cardinals don't want to be NFC West's 'stepchild' any longer
- Arizona Cardinals will have Andre Ellington back on the field vs. Rams
- Notes from the Nest: Arizona Cardinals practice - Dec. 6
- A different kind of measuring stick awaits Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals' coach expects 'questionable' Carson Palmer to play Sunday vs. St. Louis Rams
- Wolf's NFL 5 Star Games - Week 14 - Friday December 6The must-see NFL games of the weekend.
- Wolf's Film Room - Friday December 6Ron Wolfley grinds film all week and shares his findings in the Cardinals-Rams match-up
- John Clayton, ESPN NFL Insider - Friday December 6The Professor provides insight into this week's NFL headlines
- Ron Jaworski, ESPN NFL Analyst - Thursday December 5A recap of the Cardinals game in Philly and what to expect against the Rams.
- Craig Wolfley, Steelers Sideline Analyst - Thursday December 5Will Ben Roethlisberger leave the Steelers?