Karlos Dansby plans to take 'full advantage' of opportunity Arizona Cardinals are giving him
Dansby, who took his talents to South Beach after accumulating 558 total tackles, 25.5 sacks, 10 interceptions and nine fumble recoveries in six years with the Cardinals, bolted for the big dollars.
He played well in three seasons for the Dolphins, but neither he nor the Cardinals have made the postseason since his departure.
Dansby, 31, is excited to be back in the Valley.
"It's a great situation," he said. "Timing is perfect; everybody is excited. It's a new season."
The veteran linebacker was cut by the Dolphins, as they apparently felt his production was not commensurate to his salary.
However, he did tally a career-best 134 total tackles in 2012, which led the team. So, the linebacker-needy Cardinals were happy to bring 'Los back into the fold, albeit on a one-year deal.
"Like I never left," Dansby added. "It's real excitement to be back, and I'm blessed to have this opportunity.
"So I'm going to take full advantage of it."
How he will do that remains to be seen, as Dansby is not sure how the coaching staff plans on using him. At the very least, he's likely to start while Daryl Washington serves a four-game suspension to start the season.
"Whatever my role is going to be, I'm going to do it to the fullest," he said. "I'm going to have some fun doing it."
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Injury Report: St. Louis Rams at Arizona Cardinals
- Able to walk again, Arizona Cardinals' Jonathan Cooper takes another step toward return
- NFL.com writer: Cardinals safety Tyrann Mathieu front-runner for Defensive Rookie of the Year honor
- Notes from the Nest: Arizona Cardinals practice - Dec. 4
- Tight ends torching Arizona Cardinals' defense, but it's not as bad as you think
- NFL Power Poll - Week 14 - Wednesday December 4Doug & Wolf debate which teams are top 5 in the NFL
- Daryl Johnston, Fox NFL Analyst - Tuesday December 3What were his takeaways from the Cardinals loss to Philadelphia?
- Bruce Arians- Arizona Cardinals Head Coach - Monday December 2Bruce Arians discusses the poor officiating Sunday against the Eagles.
- Bickley Blast 12-2-13 - Monday December 2Bickley Blast: Cardinals officials
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Monday December 2A look at what unfolded between the Cardinals and Eagles in Philadelphia.