Updated Jul 28, 2013 - 12:29 pm
Arizona Cardinals, first-round pick Jonathan Cooper reach deal
According to the team, Cooper signed a four-year contract, but further details and terms were not disclosed, per club policy.
"Just got word that Jonathan Cooper is done and is on his way," Cardinals head coach Bruce Arians said after the team's morning practice. "I'm a lot happier now."
Cooper's first practice is expected to be Monday, meaning he'll have missed the first three days of training camp. Arians noted that he will do his conditioning test in front of the entire team.
The 311-pound, 6-foot-2 Cooper was drafted out of the University of North Carolina, where he was a three-time All-ACC selection.
Last season, Cooper was also a finalist for the Outland Trophy, which is an award given to the nation's top interior lineman.
ESPN's Adam Schefter reported that the deal guarantees Cooper $14.55 million over four years.
Cardinals and Jonathan Cooper reached agreement on a 4-year, 14.55 million fully guaranteed deal with offset language.— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) July 28, 2013
- Cardinals' Dockett: Peterson will 'definitely be a future Hall of Famer'
- Former Cardinals quarterback Kurt Warner thankful for patience of fans, organization
- Notes from the Nest: July 30, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals to host Fan Fest this weekend
- All-Access with Bruce Arians: Extra points experiment will be fun, may add excitement
- Paul Fanaika, Arizona Cardinals offensive guard - Wednesday July 30The Arizona Cardinals’ offensive guard Paul Fanaika joins the show to discuss training camp.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Wednesday July 30NFL Network analyst Kurt Warner discusses Arizona Cardinals' training camp.
- Patrick Peterson, Arizona Cardinals cornerback - Wednesday July 30Arizona Cardinals' defensive cornerback Patrick Peterson discusses his new contract extension.
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Wednesday July 30Johnny Manziel struggles in practice.
- Pete Prisco- CBS NFL Analyst - Wednesday July 30Pete Prisco talks about the top cornerbacks in the NFL.