Updated Jul 28, 2013 - 12:29 pm
Arizona Cardinals, first-round pick Jonathan Cooper reach deal
According to the team, Cooper signed a four-year contract, but further details and terms were not disclosed, per club policy.
"Just got word that Jonathan Cooper is done and is on his way," Cardinals head coach Bruce Arians said after the team's morning practice. "I'm a lot happier now."
Cooper's first practice is expected to be Monday, meaning he'll have missed the first three days of training camp. Arians noted that he will do his conditioning test in front of the entire team.
The 311-pound, 6-foot-2 Cooper was drafted out of the University of North Carolina, where he was a three-time All-ACC selection.
Last season, Cooper was also a finalist for the Outland Trophy, which is an award given to the nation's top interior lineman.
ESPN's Adam Schefter reported that the deal guarantees Cooper $14.55 million over four years.
Cardinals and Jonathan Cooper reached agreement on a 4-year, 14.55 million fully guaranteed deal with offset language.— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) July 28, 2013
- Walt Powell claimed by New York Jets
- How the West Was Won - Week 1
- ESPN: Arizona Cardinals' offense will offset losses on defense, lead team to a winning record
- Cardinals awarded waiver claim on OLB Thomas Keiser, waive rookie WR Walt Powell
- Bauman, Golden, Sopoaga, Hardy among Arizona Cardinals' final roster cuts
- Darren Urban - azcardinals.com - Friday August 29Darren Urban breaks down the latest surrounding the Cardinals' impending roster moves
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 29The Arizona Cardinals and San Diego Chargers played one of the most pointless games in NFL history l
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Dave Pasch - Cardinals commentator - Tuesday August 26Dave Pasch thinks Michael Floyd is a number one receiving target.