Updated Jul 27, 2013 - 2:51 pm
Cardinals sign rookie WR Nicholas Edwards
GLENDALE, Ariz. -- The Arizona Cardinals have signed rookie free agent wide receiver Nicholas Edwards.
Edwards caught 215 passes for 2,634 yards and 33 touchdowns in his collegiate career at Eastern Washington. His best season came in 2011, when as a junior he caught a school-record 95 passes for 1,250 yards. His 19 touchdowns that season led the NCAA College Football Subdivision.
The signing follows the announced retirement of Arizona rookie wide receiver Ryan Swope due to concussion issues. Swope was a sixth-round draft pick out of Texas A&M.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press.
- Cardinals wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald excited about team's offensive additions
- Larry Fitzgerald celebrity softball game this Saturday
- Pat Tillman's death remembered 10 years later
- Arizona Cardinals' Terry McDonough: Emotion not a good tool for evaluating draft talent
- NFL Draft '14: A closer look at Fresno State quarterback Derek Carr
- Mark Schlereth, ESPN NFL analyst - Tuesday April 22ESPN NFL analyst Mark Schlereth talks about the NFL Draft.
- Terry McDonough, Cardinals VP of player personnel - Tuesday April 22Who will the Cardinals draft with their first-round pick?
- Larry Fitzgerald, Cardinals wide receiver - Tuesday April 22How are the Cardinals getting better in the offseason?
- Derek Carr- Fresno State quarterback - Monday April 21Fresno State quarterback Derek Carr talks about the NFL Draft.
- Steve Keim, Cardinals GM - Friday April 18Will the Cardinals draft a quarterback?