Updated Jul 27, 2013 - 2:51 pm
Cardinals sign rookie WR Nicholas Edwards
GLENDALE, Ariz. -- The Arizona Cardinals have signed rookie free agent wide receiver Nicholas Edwards.
Edwards caught 215 passes for 2,634 yards and 33 touchdowns in his collegiate career at Eastern Washington. His best season came in 2011, when as a junior he caught a school-record 95 passes for 1,250 yards. His 19 touchdowns that season led the NCAA College Football Subdivision.
The signing follows the announced retirement of Arizona rookie wide receiver Ryan Swope due to concussion issues. Swope was a sixth-round draft pick out of Texas A&M.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press.
- Cardinals running back Rashard Mendenhall calls it quits in Huffington Post article
- NFL writer: Cardinals could turn attention to Jared Veldheer if Branden Albert heads to Dolphins
- PFT: All signs point to free agent tackle Albert signing with Dolphins
- Agent confirms Cardinals running back Rashard Mendenhall to retire
- Daryn Colledge tweets of his release from Cardinals
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.
- Jay Feely, Cardinals kicker - Thursday March 6Would a change to the extra point actually hinder player safety?
- Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer - Tuesday March 4Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer, discusses UA and ASU basketball.
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 3Get off Paul's Lawn!