Arizona Cardinals release LB O'Brien Schofield
Originally selected by the team in the fourth round of the 2010 NFL Draft out of Wisconsin, Schofield finishes his Cardinals tenure with 71 total tackles and 10.5 sacks.
The move to release him coincides with the Cardinals agreeing to contract terms with veteran John Abraham.
Schofield entered the NFL with an injury history, as he had torn the ACL in his left leg during Senior Bowl practice in January 2010. The Cardinals took a chance on him, though, as the East-West Shrine Game defensive MVP was productive with the Badgers, including a 12-sack season in 2009.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Free agent kicker Jay Feely announces he's re-signed with Arizona Cardinals
- NFL Draft '14: Six-round mock draft for the Arizona Cardinals
- Cardinals running back Rashard Mendenhall calls it quits in Huffington Post article
- NFL writer: Cardinals could turn attention to Jared Veldheer if Branden Albert heads to Dolphins
- PFT: All signs point to free agent tackle Albert signing with Dolphins
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Monday March 10Kent Somers talks all things Cardinals free agency.
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.
- Jay Feely, Cardinals kicker - Thursday March 6Would a change to the extra point actually hinder player safety?
- Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer - Tuesday March 4Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer, discusses UA and ASU basketball.