Arizona Cardinals release LB O'Brien Schofield
Originally selected by the team in the fourth round of the 2010 NFL Draft out of Wisconsin, Schofield finishes his Cardinals tenure with 71 total tackles and 10.5 sacks.
The move to release him coincides with the Cardinals agreeing to contract terms with veteran John Abraham.
Schofield entered the NFL with an injury history, as he had torn the ACL in his left leg during Senior Bowl practice in January 2010. The Cardinals took a chance on him, though, as the East-West Shrine Game defensive MVP was productive with the Badgers, including a 12-sack season in 2009.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Christian Tupou, Kevin Cone, Dominique Williams added to Arizona Cardinals' practice squad
- New Arizona Cardinals LB Thomas Keiser: I wanted to go pass rush for somebody
- Former Arizona Cardinals quarterback Max Hall arrested on shoplifting, drug charges
- Arizona Cardinals' GM Steve Keim: Jonathan Cooper will be great for the team
- Arizona Cardinals GM Steve Keim: 'I'm never done' building the roster
- Bruce Arians- Cardinals head coach - Tuesday September 2Bruce Arians thinks the NFC West has gotten stronger in 2014.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday September 2Will the NFL suspend 49ers' defensive end Ray McDonald?
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Tuesday September 2It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi!
- Steve Keim - Arizona Cardinals GM - Tuesday September 2Steve Keim discusses whether or not the Cardinals roster is set.
- Darren Urban - azcardinals.com - Friday August 29Darren Urban breaks down the latest surrounding the Cardinals' impending roster moves